The last part of the puzzle

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Well this year I had the plan of getting all my goodies together so I could get back into shooting USPSA and 3-gun, with much help from several of you on the forum and a serious HUGE helping hand from Mr. Miller I got the cheap shotgun and running like a champ, the AR was put together and while there is a barrel upgrade in the future it's run flawless except for that case seperation but that wasn't the rifle, got the Dillon all set up and running and were at today when the final piece got here the pistol

005-4.jpg

There is some work to be done still but the hard part is completed. I have gotten to meet some awesome folks here and shot with some really good people that have helped me more than they probably know, I've gotten to make a few shoots and feel like I'm doing fair so now it's time for the work. Get this pistol to a point where I like it mainly grip work.

Next year the plan is to give this sport a real go and see just where I can get but until then gotta work on the boring crap. A big thanks to you fella's here! granted it would have been cheaper to take up a crack or meth habit :38: Later,

Kirk

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Holy longslides Batman!! Look at the sight radius on that thing!

Very cool buy. Hope it brings you to the top spots.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been shooting Kurts for a bit and really liked the pistol, I shot a mess of pistols and this one just fit. Later,

Kirk

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
If it's not freakin' cold I'll try to get up there to the next match and let ya try it out, BBQ and beer afterward though I missed out last time. Later,

Kirk

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Man, I've wanted one of those for years but could never justify the purchase. Congrats! It also reminds me that I have an extended slide-lock lever that I don't want anymore.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Well you would think that since this is a target pistol it's first rounds would have been at targets but NO I got a call when I was at the folks and was ask to come help with some piggies :97: I was going to shoot the pistol the next morning but oh well what better chance to get out of the house. I had a mess of 180gr HP's so off we go. Got in the boat took a little trip across the lake and was kicked out, the boat took off and came back with the rest of the guys and off we go. Got to the trap and 7 were in there 3 around the 150# mark and 4 about 50# one sow was not happy to see us and kept trying to knock the panels down so the first shot with the new G24 put a 180gr bullet right between the eyes and thud! THEN she bounced back up PISSED! my jaw hit the deck and another round went into her ear and it was over. The rest went down pretty quickly with 2 other shooters but I'll have to admit I have a new respect for how tough these darn pigs are as this was a full house 180gr HP and it was a square hit.

Had to protect myself from a crazy beaver on the boat ride back so the target pistol got bloodied right off the get go. So far that's 13 pigs from 1 trap these things are thick. Later,

Kirk

dennishoddy

Congrats on taking the pigs.
People don't realize how hard these things need to be hit to kill them.
I've bow hunted them for years, and have a lot of respect for the gristle plate on their side, and the thickness of their skulls.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Dennis, I think next time out I'll have the shotgun with 00 buck for protection! they seem to get real pissy when you come up on them :) and none of that reduced recoil stuff I want full house loads. That's the first one I have shot head on and I can say a 40SW while not a wimpy round ya need more umph to drop one. Later,

Kirk

Latest posts