Thank you Blackbeard for the welcome 9/12/2018

concealed45

New Fanatic
This is my first post in the form of a question. My friend at work has a WW II era 1911 it was given to him by a person in the Air National Guard who competed in marksmanship competition when he got out of it he gave Nate the gun. I don't know any other particulars other than the guardsman was in Florida at the time.
Now Nate wants to find out if this gun was from the CMP offered to the public and what he would need to do to get registered in his name for possible CCW use. Thanks all for any suggestions or information on what he can do to accomplish this project
concealed45

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome free m NW Ohio.
What state does Nate reside in because that would affect what he does.
Never heard of registering a gun for CCW!? (Maybe in NYC, Chicago or Cali) Did the CMP release 1911s anytime prior to what they are doing now? I'm sure it could have been issued to him as a service member but can they keep them?
All good questions, anyone else know of these things?

concealed45

New Fanatic
Welcome free m NW Ohio.
What state does Nate reside in because that would affect what he does.
Never heard of registering a gun for CCW!? (Maybe in NYC, Chicago or Cali) Did the CMP release 1911s anytime prior to what they are doing now? I'm sure it could have been issued to him as a service member but can they keep them?
All good questions, anyone else know of these things?
Yes he has a ccw we live in MI. As far as registering it is for to show that he now is the owner of this gun

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
In Ohio we do not register any gun unless it's an auto, sbr, abs or a can that's why I'm asking. Fill out your 4473 and your good to go from there. Carry any gun you have wether bought new of used from an individual with no registration. I asking as much to learn as i am trying to find you answers.
Did not know you had to register firearms in Michigan

concealed45

New Fanatic
In Ohio we do not register any gun unless it's an auto, sbr, abs or a can that's why I'm asking. Fill out your 4473 and your good to go from there. Carry any gun you have wether bought new of used from an individual with no registration. I asking as much to learn as i am trying to find you answers.
Did not know you had to register firearms in Michigan
Yes it is now called a pistol sales record. The top section is for the information of the firearm you are buying. The middle section is buyers information. And bottom section is the sellers information. This is presented or mailed to your local sheriffs office and you have to have it in your possession when you are carrying for at least 30 days after that it is not necessary. Must be until they update their computer registry. This process is for individual sale by private citizens who hold a concealed pistols license. No matter what they call it it's registration. So I am thinking Nate being a CPL holder he needs to get a copy of the pistol sales record fill it out and have the other party (if he can contact him)fill out his part and mail it in to the sheriff

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes it is now called a pistol sales record. The top section is for the information of the firearm you are buying. The middle section is buyers information. And bottom section is the sellers information. This is presented or mailed to your local sheriffs office and you have to have it in your possession when you are carrying for at least 30 days after that it is not necessary. Must be until they update their computer registry. This process is for individual sale by private citizens who hold a concealed pistols license. No matter what they call it it's registration. So I am thinking Nate being a CPL holder he needs to get a copy of the pistol sales record fill it out and have the other party (if he can contact him)fill out his part and mail it in to the sheriff
WOW! Need to put a stop to these types of laws, that's definitely registration.