Taymoor, making it rain!

crash217

Well-Known Fanatic
So, yesterday was the day when our little Taymoor finally took one foot out of the roaming, only having a motorcycle lifestyle and temedly planted a foot into normalcy. He actually bought a truck! Those of us close to him were so proud. I was most excited because the truck reminds me so much of my first vehicle.

And then the work started. It needed a good quart or more of oil and I don't think anything except the headlights worked when he pulled up. But after a few hours, a handful of bulbs, some duct tape, and alot of new wires/soldering; he had a vehicle with all the lights working, a drivers side door that would actually open and close(although assisted by a tie-down strap) and a spare tire in the correct location. My favorite addition was how we made the tag light work. I took a tiny headlight marker light assembly from a dirtbike light housing I had laying around my shop, put a rubber grommet on it then rubber cemeted it all into the oem tag light housing(which was missing its entire light fixture AND wires). Just had to wire up the loose ends via the running light and ground it to the frame. We even found a good 5 dollars in change in the interior along with some other awesome items left over from past owners.

Best of all, the previous owner was gracious enough to throw in the 2 new "black ice" air fresheners hanging on the rear view for no additional charges. That truck smells like it just crashed through the Coolwater Cologne factory. You'd be hard pressed to find any 8th grade boy that smelled better or an 8th grade girl that wouldn't ask for a ride. I think Tay is leaving the air fresheners in.

Taymoor plans to paint the truck with roll-on bed-liner, add a gnarly sound system and hope that it lasts at least 3 months as that is about how much, in average car payment terms, the vehicle cost him. First priorities are getting the doors working correctly and putting an AR15 sticker on the back glass. That is followed shortly by putting a Boomer Shooter logo and target on it and having Jesse put a 3 round group into said target.

He dubbed it the Tayota... My wife calls it the Crapillac. I'm not sure which would look better as a chrome sticker on the tailgate but I know that we will be rolling hard to the next match in a vehicle that is by far out matched, monetarily speaking, by the guns loaded into it.

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
Awesome, I actually figured you were going to say he drove out on highway 51 and bought one of those deuce and halfs.

LStevens

Well-Known Fanatic
Cool, Crappy trucks are great. People with nice vehicles realize you don't give a crap and stay way out of your path. Good for you Taymoor.

dennishoddy

HaHaHa! Sounds just like some of my old trucks. :D
Bought a 59 chevy with at least 8 coats of spray on paint, and the body so rusted it only rested on the frame of the truck. Go down a bumpy road, look where the steering column went through the floorboard, and at times it was on the left, and other times it was on the right. :D
But! that SOB ran like a finely tuned race car. :steeringwheel: :85:

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Congratulations, Taymoor. A truck is fine thing, no matter how bad it looks and as long as it works.

taymoor

Skilled Lover
The best part of being a truck owner is that now I can load up all of my steel, paper, and wood targets + long guns and go to the range to train. If it weren't for that I'd keep on going with just a motorcycle. I'd like to thank Jon (Crash217). If it is broken that guy will figure out a way to fix it for cheap and also for good. He is a good guy to know

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
thisthreadisuselesswithoutpictures.jpg

crash217

Well-Known Fanatic
You know what is gonna be great about that little truck... I think its smaller than a polaris Ranger, So I'm banking on no more 3 gun cart @ okcgc events. I'm all for popping the doors off and rolling in that from stage to stage lol

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
picture of what Taymoor's truck might look like.

Attachments

• Taymoors_light_pickup_truck_001.jpg
    Taymoors_light_pickup_truck_001.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 104

taymoor

Skilled Lover
picture of what Taymoor's truck might look like.

I'm not quite that lucky. I'll take some before photos tomorrow. After photos will soon follow. If Jesse will fund me for a maaco paint job, I'll let him paint a bullseye on my fender and take a 3 shot group at it :85: Actually, I'm planning on painting it with rustoleum safety yellow with two black racing stripes and custom stickers on the tailgate reading TAYOTA.

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
Actually, I'm planning on painting it with rustoleum safety yellow with two black racing stripes and custom stickers on the tailgate reading TAYOTA.
Have you thought of paining it with a 4" foam roller like these guys? http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2331682&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

taymoor

Skilled Lover
Have you thought of paining it with a 4" foam roller like these guys? http://board.moparts...=0&fpart=1&vc=1

That is the exact thread where I got the idea to paint it myself! Rustoleum makes a safety yellow paint that I plan on using. But because the truck is so cheap, I plan on skimping on tape and prep. And I'll be surprised if I do Any sanding other than the initial roughing up of the existing paint.

Latest posts