Starting off on a long trip today.....

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
I have to travel through New Yorkistan and Taxachusetts. That means no gun(s) for me on this trip. I feel nekkid!

Got friends coming by at random times to feed and exercise dogs(they have a dog door, it means throw the ball for the JR Terrorist), bring in the mail and lock the place up at nights.

Everything of value is either in a safe bolted down or in a safety deposit box. I'll be checking in via smart-phone when I'm really bored, which will likely be often.

So, bring out the content fella's.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Be safe! I don't know if I could handle a long trip without my gun(s).

WWB

Well-Known Fanatic
As long as the guns are in a locked case with Ammo separate and the guns are legal where your end location is you can bring the guns through these states legally. This isn't saying if you did get pulled over you won't have to fight to get them back anyway but it is legal.

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Many states, like Illinoistan, one can transport and even carry THROUGH, Illinois without a permit. However, they are rather clear that does not include stops.

Never though I'd say it, but I can't wait to get to Hoosierville.....

Gunny

Fanatic
Unloaded firearms in a locked case, ammo stored separately, can be transported through any state. They should be in the trunk or behind seat in a pick-up.

Some states do not allow stopping, gas and food are OK, but otherwise it must be a through trip. When traveling check each States laws regarding transport to insure you have the latest information. I always print out the pages for the 'nasty' ones.

I've traveled through all of the lower 48 and never encountered a problem. Some you can leave it on the seat, others carry concealed and then the lock-up states. You've just always got to keep in mind where you are an what is required.

Another thing to keep in mind, if it's in the trunk and locked up, you've no duty to tell them if pulled over you have them. It takes a warrant to get in there and if you're not causing problems and raising suspicion then you should have no worries.

Safe travels.

Latest posts