Springfield replicating Browning Hi-Power

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
springfield-armory-sa-35-high-power-f.jpg

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Absolutely love Hi Powers. Dare I say they are my favorite handgun?
I agree they are very nice firearms. Might pick up one of the new Springfields when they hit the streets and level off as a shooter.
The blue on mine is so deep and nice I hate to take it out, any marks in the pic are oil or lint, there's not a mark on it!

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I agree they are very nice firearms. Might pick up one of the new Springfields when they hit the streets and level off as a shooter.
The blue on mine is so deep and nice I hate to take it out, any marks in the pic are oil or lint, there's not a mark on it!
That is a beautiful Hi Power! I'm happy for you. I like your idea of buying a Springfield model. Should be a great gun. I like the idea that they chose to follow the classic style for their rebop. I have Classic style, and the Mk3. I've heard the cast frame mk3 will hold up to hot loads better. I've let some good ones get away in the past, but never more, to quote Poe. My better half inherited a lightly customized FEG clone from me, and she shoots it well. Take the Browning out and shoot it. You'll find it to be a superb gun. I love how they shoot.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I've only owned 1 and that was years ago. It was chambered in 40 S&W so it went bye bye. Might consider one of these Springers?
I had a 40 but never shot it. The recoil spring was dang near impossible for me to get back in place when I took the thing apart the first and last time. the 9MM's are incredible. I traded the 40 for a S&W revolver.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
That is a beautiful Hi Power! I'm happy for you. I like your idea of buying a Springfield model. Should be a great gun. I like the idea that they chose to follow the classic style for their rebop. I have Classic style, and the Mk3. I've heard the cast frame mk3 will hold up to hot loads better. I've let some good ones get away in the past, but never more, to quote Poe. My better half inherited a lightly customized FEG clone from me, and she shoots it well. Take the Browning out and shoot it. You'll find it to be a superb gun. I love how they shoot.
Oh I've shot it, quite a bit actually, but each time I worry it will get scratched up. I don't have a lot of blued guns and I love the look very much so I guess that's the issue. All my others I treat well but don't worry that I'll scratch them, except the idiot scratch! I try to make sure that doesn't happen and so far so good!

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Well they were priced right, cheapest I've seen on Gunbroker starting bid 1000 buy now 1399, any place that has them listed at 699 out of stock, watched a few auctions and went over 1200 bucks, J&G has them listed over 1100 if I remember right

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Well they were priced right, cheapest I've seen on Gunbroker starting bid 1000 buy now 1399, any place that has them listed at 699 out of stock, watched a few auctions and went over 1200 bucks, J&G has them listed over 1100 if I remember right
Unfortunately we all knew that would happen. Same as the $499.99 Mil Spec they came out with a few years ago. I believe it was the Defender. But again anything to do with any gun or ammo is so ridiculous that it males me sick. I keep waiting for these folks that bought a gun for protection during the big panic and paid the asinine prices for ammo to decide it was all BS, and sell their guns and hopefully the ammo with it to those who know better. I am tired of paying the doubled priced ammo and getting told that there is s shortage and you'd better buy now. Look we have 22 lr for just 10.00 a box for generic stuff. and we are only asking over 25.00 or more for 9mm hardball. I cannot find 357 mag unless i wish to pay over $40+ dollars for 20 rounds! 41 mag is way worse than that and that's if you can find it. I realize that every election cycle there is an uptick in sales, but the manufacturers are flat ass screwing us! It's not all the Democrats fault either, the slimy rinos are even worse than the dippy dems. I'm am soooo fed up with all this crap!

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah it's very upsetting and make no mistake there's not much of a shortage, well hunting calibers like 243, 30-30 etc still hard to find and stupid expensive but common handgun calibers, 9's, 45 and 40 and rifle calibers like 556 and 308 are everywhere but sadly long as people buy at these prices they are not coming down. Seeing 500 brick of 22's for 65 bucks, good grief, right before things went south Blazer Brass from TargetsportsUSA with Prime membership less than 8 bucks, sorry I'm rambling and repeating

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm in on the SA-35, when prices stabilize and supply makes available. I, too, am a very long time Hi Power shooter. Usually simply add a C&S no bite hammer with a EGW hard sear and 2 coil trigger spring. But did modify 2 - 40 cals with a 9mm barrel for the "hot ticket". I prefer the 9mm set up personally. These SAs seem to have all any hi power truly needs.

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
I picked one of the older Belgian models while I was in Vietnam, carried that thing all the time, in a shoulder rig, well concealed. Great gun, wish I still had it.
I'll buy one when they become available, I have a dealer friend on the lookout. I have a pretty good collection of war time weapons, and that would fit right in.
Back then, they were just "Belgian nines", everyone was on the lookout for one.

Last edited:

Latest posts