Sometimes you have to wonder..why do things like this happen ?

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
That's a riot as I've driven past that more than once and thought to myself……..

I drive past it when the new bridge is blocked by traffic and I go over to the draw bridge to get across the river to head home, I work just north of the river in Toledo.

Can't believe it hit him right in the face and left the rest, the only part destroyed is just the face.
Dollars to donuts certain individuals I work with will try to raise money to restore this "monument"

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I was going to drive by today to get a real perspective for y'all but the weather here is sucking again and bad storms coming through as I was leaving work. Hydroplaning and lost control of my truck on i280 at about 60-65 mph on a curve on the way home:-( I was able to save it and not total it but I very grateful there was no one beside me when it happened. Both sides of my truck saw the walls!! Traffic is usually number to number at that tone and speed.
Saved it but I've been telling the wife I need to get another new set of tires! 70,000 mikes on this set!

Maybe tomorrow?

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
"70,000 mikes on this set!.." your past due.
got your $ out of them, for sure.
I know, was hoping to get through till fall. Problem is they're off road type tires and needed them about 10-15k ago. I have been on a pretty regular schedule for brakes and tires on this truck but yeah I wasn't sure I would get through last winter but did. Told the wife no way this year:)

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I was going to drive by today to get a real perspective for y'all but the weather here is sucking again and bad storms coming through as I was leaving work. Hydroplaning and lost control of my truck on i280 at about 60-65 mph on a curve on the way home:-( I was able to save it and not total it but I very grateful there was no one beside me when it happened. Both sides of my truck saw the walls!! Traffic is usually number to number at that tone and speed.
Saved it but I've been telling the wife I need to get another new set of tires! 70,000 mikes on this set!

Maybe tomorrow?
Be careful Brother that you do not get turned into a pillar of Salt. :eek: :eek:

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
By now I'm sure most here know why and how that mural was destroyed. How much more obvious could it be ?
Well not according to certain people around here! They're claiming it was blown up on purpose by white supremacist! Told you it would turn into a thing here!!!
I typed it out but deleted that portion… I'm not going to say what I'm thinking!

Latest posts