Some Non 1911 Range Fun

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
So, it has been a while since I did any shooting, what, 8 weeks!? I am forcing myself to learn the Glock trigger, so I went down south to shoot this weekend, and did not even bring a 1911... o_O My friend was representing with a nice stainless SA RO that he has added a couple of things to...

Anyway, I was shooting at about 28 steps (guessing about 20 yards). This is the last couple of mags through the Glock. Plus the larger holes are from my new to me Ruger Balckhawk in 45LC. Fun weekend. I love the SA revolvers, but would hate to have to reload one in a defensive situation... I could only beg/borrow 12 rounds for the Ruger... Target was an IDPA target. The black stuff on the target was the mud thrown up from my friends 10 yard target. :)

Glock Target.JPG

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Nice grouping Fred & don't those holes from the Big Booolets look nice, & big bold, Ruger SAs 45s got to love em.
Now if everybody had a single action I would hump my big 7.5" Ruger Super Black Hawk in .44 Magnum everyday. Very happy I don't have 2 the
LW 45acpv Commander will do for now.

Looks good for just learning a Glock trigger, I think you got it Fred ;)

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Speaking of non-1911 range fun....

My son-in-law down on the USMC Base in Camp Lejeune, NC, has apparently been telling buddies that I have a really nice Savage .308 rifle with an equally nice Bushnell 3-9x40 scope. Well.... The buddies have said I can come down there (since I'm am also a retired veteran) and check my Savage .308 at the gate, and come on down and they'll "show me a few things" with the .308 (aka 7.62 NATO) at 600 yards.... o_O

I have my Savage zeroed at 150 yards max. WTF is this 600 yards stuff?!? Should I? Should I pay a visit to the Marines and get formally instructed on the ballistics of the 7.62 NATO? OMG......

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Speaking of non-1911 range fun....

My son-in-law down on the USMC Base in Camp Lejeune, NC, has apparently been telling buddies that I have a really nice Savage .308 rifle with an equally nice Bushnell 3-9x40 scope. Well.... The buddies have said I can come down there (since I'm am also a retired veteran) and check my Savage .308 at the gate, and come on down and they'll "show me a few things" with the .308 (aka 7.62 NATO) at 600 yards.... o_O

I have my Savage zeroed at 150 yards max. WTF is this 600 yards stuff?!? Should I? Should I pay a visit to the Marines and get formally instructed on the ballistics of the 7.62 NATO? OMG......
Yes, yes, oh and YES!!!

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Why he!! yes! ;) Yes sir, go chase the Copper rainbow & watch out they don't make you pull pit duty, LOL Marines are tricky.
Oh BTW ask them for the Good stuff like M118 :cool: great out 2 600 yards

1Sgt_Jerry

Well-Known Fanatic
Best thing I did for my mid 90's Gen 2 G22 was to make it a pseudo DA by installing a NY1 trigger spring and a 3.5# connecter. My primal brain thinks it's just a super sweet DA pistol. For me it was kind of hard to appreciate a 1911 trigger until I got some other platforms under my belt.

Latest posts