Silencerco Advice

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
Does anyone out there have any expierence with the Silencerco Saker can and Saker break? I need to replace the Surefire break on the rifle I spent last year building since Surefire has discontinued my break (MB-556K). The Silencerco products look solid but I know nothing about them. What can you guys tell me about them.

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a silencerco specwar 7.62 in ATF jail right now. My dealer sells both brands and he thinks silencerco is underrated in his opinion. I've heard nothing but good things about the saker!

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
I emailed silencerco today asking about there MAAD adapter mounts today. They have made adapters that interface with other companies mounts. I am hoping they have one for the Surefire MB556K. I love that break and would really rather not have to ditch it to get a can.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Josh Beauchamp said:
I emailed silencerco today asking about there MAAD adapter mounts today. They have made adapters that interface with other companies mounts. I am hoping they have one for the Surefire MB556K. I love that break and would really rather not have to ditch it to get a can.
There are still some of the FA-556 212 cans out there are reasonable prices but they are only in FDE. I just ordered one in for a customer and it even comes with another brake.

As for the Saker, it is a good can. The brake does not quite stack up against the Surefire. SiCo does not make an adapter for the surefire brake to use on the Saker Can. The only make the 51 tooth and the YHM (I think). I spoke with the SiCo reps about this and there was not as much demand for the different mounts as they had hoped. I believe you can snag one of the older surefire cans for about the same price as a Saker. If your heart is set on switching to SiCo products, also check out the SpecWar. Slightly better sound quality, just doesn't have the same adaptability that the Saker does.

Hope that helps and if you need a link to the surefire, PM me.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
So I just talked to Surefire. The FA556-212 Suppressors are no longer in production and they have exactly 4 M4FA556 that will fit my break. Well crap lol.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Josh Beauchamp said:
So I just talked to Surefire. The FA556-212 Suppressors are no longer in production and they have exactly 4 M4FA556 that will fit my break. Well crap lol.
Which model are you looking for exactly? I will pm you a link with them in stock. Surefire moved everything when the Socom line came out. Vendors still have some available.

Latest posts