Shooting hard cast bullets through a glock?

jcameron996

Well-Known Fanatic
The most important thing for any cast lead bullet is fit to bore. Gas blow by around the bullet is what causes leading. Size the bullet to be slightly larger than bore size to get a good gas seal and wide range of hardness will work fine with little or no leading regardless of the type of rifling. This is easier to accomplish with a cut rifled barrel over the polygonal rifling of the glock, but not impossible.

Oneshot

Fanatic
Just clean it good after shooting and don't Fire jacketed bullets after lead without cleaning the barrel good. From what I have herd this is where issues have happened. I shoot lead though mine but with lone wolf barrel, for $125 it's a lot better barrel than factory

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Just found this thread..yea, I'm a little slow. Have a Glock 21 ( 2nd gen ?) shot lead thru it, no issues.
Bought a used Glock 22 ( also gen 2 or 2.5 ?) started reading about Glock KBooms in the 22..when using lead pills.
I always clean my guns after shooting, never had a problem, but bought a Lone Wolf barrel for both Glocks
Have seen a revolver KBoom, don't want to experience it. Probably a moot purchase, as I almost never shoot my Glocks, (prefer 1911's)
and I've totally switched from lead pills to the Hytek coated bullets. Much cleaner, no leading.
I'm sure I have some lead bullets in my "inventory", as I'm a component hoarder.:);) :eek: