Security Cabinet recommendations

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
I'm looking for a basic gun cabinet to kee things locked up. I don't want a safe, as I have just a few pieces I'm looking at putting up when they are in rotation.
Anyone have these
Stack-On 10-Gun Double-Door Security Cabinet, Black
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stack-On-10-Gun-Double-Door-Security-Cabinet-Black/20753951

I've seen a few folks mention upgrading the locks to combo lock for $14 off Amazon. Wanted to see what you might think first.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
My son uses a stack-on cabinet and yes they work very well for daily use. I would not recommend them for long term storage or leaving town but yes if your using it daily it's a good option but like you said change out the lock. I like to use tubular key locks.
I use a sentry biometric safe for my two firearm rotation. It fits the firearm, mags and holster inside. When I switch from the Wilson CQB to the Sig P365XL I just put the whole set up in and switch to the other. It's about 1/8" thick steel and large enough to hold it all.136F5097-5815-457C-BA6F-7CBCEE7AB0DF.jpeg

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a (few) locking gun cabinets..they're NOT safes.
They work for me. I live in a good neighborhood (LOL!)
Ideally, I should bolt them to the wall or floor, but with everything that's in them, anyone would have a struggle to try to move them.
Bought 1 of my cabinets used, off of Craigslist.

I've seen many pictures of how safes can be "defeated"..in one instance, a guy had his safe in his garage,
where he also had his tools, including an angle grinder.
Someone used the angle grinder to chop a square out of the top of the safe, then lifted the guns out of the safe.

added: our "guard Corgi" would attack any intruder..

rmac

Active Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I'm looking for a basic gun cabinet to kee things locked up. I don't want a safe, as I have just a few pieces I'm looking at putting up when they are in rotation.
Anyone have these
Stack-On 10-Gun Double-Door Security Cabinet, Black
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stack-On-10-Gun-Double-Door-Security-Cabinet-Black/20753951

I've seen a few folks mention upgrading the locks to combo lock for $14 off Amazon. Wanted to see what you might think first.
Take a look at the offerings from Tractor Supply.
The one you listed from WalMart is about one half that price at Tractor Supply.
In November of each year they have a special buy of the safe pictured for $300.00.
Not the most secure but a great storage lockup.

Attachments

• 78AC4EA8-7B5B-4352-B05B-66034DC5BFA6.jpeg
    78AC4EA8-7B5B-4352-B05B-66034DC5BFA6.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 9

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
an added thought.. I have one of those wood gun cabinets w/glass sliding doors. I store my bolt-action rifles there..
after removing the bolt from the rifle. Bolts are stored seperately, in a different, locked, location. A Bolt actioin rifle w/o the bolt would be pretty useless (wee\ll, not useless, someone could try to get another bolt,or part it ouit. has been this way for about30 yrs. and they're all still there.
Again, I do live in a "safe" area.. LOL

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a (few) locking gun cabinets..they're NOT safes.
They work for me. I live in a good neighborhood (LOL!)
Ideally, I should bolt them to the wall or floor, but with everything that's in them, anyone would have a struggle to try to move them.
Bought 1 of my cabinets used, off of Craigslist.

I've seen many pictures of how safes can be "defeated"..in one instance, a guy had his safe in his garage,
where he also had his tools, including an angle grinder.
Someone used the angle grinder to chop a square out of the top of the safe, then lifted the guns out of the safe.

added: our "guard Corgi" would attack any intruder..
The "guard corgi" is better than most any safe to deter booglers;-)
No way anyone could get close to breaking in at our place without us knowing. I have a security system to, cameras covers every entrance and each other. So you can not get close to a door or window without being on multiple cameras. Also can not defeat a camera without being caught on other cameras.
That all said the dogs are still the best alarm!

05E5D525-6B1E-4235-8062-65F7D0BBA687.jpeg

Dub

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
The "guard corgi" is better than most any safe to deter booglers;-)
No way anyone could get close to breaking in at our place without us knowing. I have a security system to, cameras covers every entrance and each other. So you can not get close to a door or window without being on multiple cameras. Also can not defeat a camera without being caught on other cameras.
That all said the dogs are still the best alarm!

View attachment 8400

That is hilarious !!!!!!

One of my wireless doorbells is checking out some load possibles with me.