Scopes For Your Rimfire Rifles

SGW Gunsmith

Well-Known Fanatic
I know dang well that most serious .22 rimfire rifle shooters are now using much better scopes than were used back in the mid 50's with those awful 3/4 inch tubes that many of us had then, and now need to pay for expensive eyeglasses because of all the squinting we needed to do to see something more than 15 feet away through those crappy scopes.

When I started talking all my customers who had those #2 lead pencil diameter scopes into trying a much better one-inch diameter scope, like a Weaver 3x back then, most all of 'em were glad they transitioned to a much better light gathering optic where they can now see their target much better. These days it's quite normal to mount a one-inch optic or a red-dot sight of some sort. My preference is for an optic that has an adjustable objective, variable power ring from at least 6x to 32x with an objective of 44, or so. Even better, is if the optic has adjustments in 1/8 th increments, or at least ¼ inch.
When I removed those $7.50 cent scopes from .22 rifles, I gave those to the kids around here who had pellet rifles, and even mounted those for free. Those youngin's did right well with squirrels and bunnies peering through those awful scopes, but with much younger eyeballs.

Got a favorite .22 rimfire rifle scope? Let's read here about how you set your rifle up:

DWnOhXb.jpg

Latest posts