SBR's & Pistols What to avoid?

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
It can have a vertical foregrip as long as the overall length is over 26" even if the barrel is under 16"

Removable muzzle devices and the sig brace won't count towards the overall length

View attachment 7454

Attachments

• ATF Letter Vertical Foregrip 2011.834.pdf
    320 KB · Views: 322

Michael Harrell

Well-Known Fanatic
As far as barrel length you might check the specs on the suppressor you plan to use, some companies won't warranty their stuff if used on barrels under a certain length

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
Michael is correct. I've seen several say the warranty is void if used with under a 10.5" barrel.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Charger Arms said:
What Matt said about the length. Mine is 10.5 and I am going to get an adjustable gas block for when I run it with a can. I have a old SOT buddy that is now using the SLR Rifleworks gas block to manage the excess gases. He is running it with no problems on his sbrs. He prefers it over the Noveske switch block ( which is another great design.) is your Saker going to be using their brake or their trifecta style hider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uhhhh I don't know anything about the muzzle devices. I figure I'll wait until 2016 when all this goes thru in case they have a new design.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I'll make it real simple.
Get a lower registered as SBR and put an 11" barrel on it.
AR pistols are impractical and hard to shoot. And you're getting a suppressor for it, you would be gay to have a suppressor on an AR pistol.

jtischauser

Matt have you shot an AR pistol with a Sig Brace? It is not used to brace your arm It is a short stock. You can shoot it very effectively. I was really surprised as I thought the sig brace was a gimmick. Turns out it is a SBR work around stock moreso then an arm brace.

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got a SBR and a pistol with a sig brace. I have a rock river pistol tube and could only get the brace on half way, which turns out to be the perfect length.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Jesse Tischauser said:
Matt have you shot an AR pistol with a Sig Brace? It is not used to brace your arm It is a short stock. You can shoot it very effectively. I was really surprised as I thought the sig brace was a gimmick. Turns out it is a SBR work around stock moreso then an arm brace.
I haven't messed with the Sig brace yet, but dude, you're waiting on the suppressor anyways. Do it proper and be a real badass.

jtischauser

Matt Rigsby said:
I haven't messed with the Sig brace yet, but dude, you're waiting on the suppressor anyways. Do it proper and be a real badass.
I'm working on it. Cans are on order but All that paperwork ain't even started. I need a SBR to win in the pro series.

Latest posts