Ruger P95 holster search

KellyB

Well-Known Fanatic
Looking for a recommendation for an OWB conceal carry holster for a Ruger P95 9mm.
They seem to be hard to find. We tried one in a local store but it was so tight, we couldn't hardly pull it to draw. Tension was not adjustable. This is for a new, beginning shooter just learning to use a firearm.

We googled & came up with a few brands but I don't have any experience with them.
Any suggestions? Or maybe brands to stay away from?

Alien Gear?
On your 6 designs?

Thanks in advance!
Kelly

KellyB

Well-Known Fanatic
Is this holster hard to find because it is an old gun or because it is a crappy gun?
It's ok to be honest, promise.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
It's a good gun, just older and not used much anymore.
Most people went to lighter polymer frame guns.

I hear good thing about Alien Gear.

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
I have an alien gear holster for my g19 and only problem I had was some of the screws holding the kydex part to the backing would get loose. I put some blue loctite on them and it has been good since.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
KellyB said:
Is this holster hard to find because it is an old gun or because it is a crappy gun?
It's ok to be honest, promise.
It's only crappy looking, not a crappy gun. They are tough, reliable and accurate enough. The P85 before it was built like a tank, I honestly don't know if anyone could wear one out. Bill Ruger milled half the slide away and did a torture test and it passed with flying colors. IIRC this was after it was eliminated from consideration and Beretta was picked by the DOD when they went to 9mm.

PeteMcGuire1881

Well-Known Fanatic
I’ve got a P85 that went through a fire and looks like crap but is reliable and a great under the seat gun. Sent it in to Ruger for a recall and they commented on the “wear” but it checked out well. And, if I can’t shoot something with it, I can use it to beat the hell out of it. Definitely built like a tank!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
KellyB said:
Looking for a recommendation for an OWB conceal carry holster for a Ruger P95 9mm.
They seem to be hard to find. We tried one in a local store but it was so tight, we couldn't hardly pull it to draw. Tension was not adjustable. This is for a new, beginning shooter just learning to use a firearm.

We googled & came up with a few brands but I don't have any experience with them.
Any suggestions? Or maybe brands to stay away from?

Alien Gear?
On your 6 designs?

Thanks in advance!
Kelly
"For a friend"?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

btaylor1505

Well-Known Fanatic
I've been carrying an alien gear holster for several years now. Its a great holster in my opinion. I have an IWB and a OWB. However mine are the older, original style they first came out with. The new shape shifter looks like a solid holster on the website. I recently purchased a blackhawk omnivore to carry with an attached light. I like the holster but if the gun you have doesn't have an accessory rail it won't work.

Yoakam

New Fanatic
Have you considered buying a sheet of kydex and forming your own? You can probably make something nicer than anything you can buy for a P95. P95 is a great gun though. I own a decocker model myself.

JohnCea

Well-Known Fanatic
Hmm, IWB and a OWB. However mine are the older, original style they first came out with. The new shape shifter looks like a solid holster on the website.

Latest posts