Restrictions on other equipment

yury

Well-Known Fanatic
The USPSA rule in Appendix D4, states that there are restrictions on a position of "other equipment" (refers Appendix E3). The equipment can assume anything. Or is it just a production division pistol related things? Can I have, e.g. nose hair trimmer, attached to the front of the rig (since the back of it is already stacked with magazine holders)? Also, the equipment might look like magazine holder, but it is just a holder for mentioned above trimmer. Can I talk myself out of moving myself to the open division, if this "equipment" will not be used during the course of fire? :)

Maybe related question: the Appendix D4 says "Magazines may not be retained through magnetic means". So it means I can have a magnet, but *not* use it with the Production gun magazines. Is it correct?

yury

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
No gun or mags forward of the hip bone & no magnet for production division.
Nose hair trimmer is probably ok

This may clear things up a bit
https://steelchallenge.com/media/understand_divisions.html
Oh, "Holsters and allied equipment must be “non-race-type” and be worn behind the forward most point of hip." is interesting. Especially "Allied equipment" term, which is in the glossary. However, the appendix mentioned above using just "other equipment". Did the rule book mean to say "other allied equipment"?

(And probably, I need to change the trimmer holder: remove a magnet from it and paint it in another color so it will not resemble a magazine pouch too much)

yury

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
you might be putting too much thought into your nose hairs
A man gotta do what a man gotta do. Who said it's about my hairs? Sorry for being too much sentimental, but "trimmer" is a nick names I give for Bowie knifes... and it was used as an example.

It's actually sad that I cannot put magnet on the back of the rig on this case. It would be so useful to carry a paster applicator.