recent Movie & Show recommendations ???

Dub

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Howdy folks.

Over this past weekend offwork I took some time to chill and recover from a beast of workweek.

Watched a good movie & finished up a show that I was semi-bingewatching. Both on Amazon Prime.

I can recommend both:

Movie was The Tomorrow War. Chris Pratt did a super job in it. Rumor has it that he's liked for the main character of the Jack Carr series movie adaptations (more on that in another thread).

It's somewhat of futuristic movie.....yet it's not. Somewhat of an action movie.....yet it's not.

Interesting plot. Some good twists in it that kept it interesting.

Good production value and special effects.

Weaponry & troop transport demonstrated cool-factor in spades.

images.jpeg

The show was the final season of Bosch.

Harry & J. Edgar doing their thing one more time.

Super show. I've enjoyed every episode throughout the series. Music soundtrack is smooth and on point....gives it super vibe.

Makes me want to go back to vinyl and warm-toned Bose 901 speakers. :cool:

bosch-season-7-harry-edgar-1014x570.jpg

Anyway....wasn't very productive with my time this weekend.....but did relax a huge amount and enjoy the viewing. Wanted to pass it along to each of you.

Seen anything lately you'd recommend ?????

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Seen anything lately you'd recommend ?????

Indeed I did just this AM, the name was Convicts with Robert Duvall & Lukas Haas.

It's set in the South in the early 1900s with people born before the Civil War & those born after with all the
tragic events befalling the South after losing the war decades before.

A different look at the South after the Civil War we do not see that often. Robert Duvall Plays a Civil War vet who is losing his grip on reality.
The Boy played by Lukas Haas is the one we see all this play out to, & we get to ride along with him, it's an outstanding Movie made in 1991.

I can't imagine how I missed this one.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Yep @Babboonbobo ...I also enjoyed "Nobody".

His character wasn't someone to be trifled with. Bad dude.

They could do a prequel and/or sequel....I'd watch it.
You guys have my curiosity up. I haven't seen a good movie in a long time. I'm going to find this one and watch it.

Dub

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Recently saw "Nobody" was a very good movie! The wife and I both really enjoyed it.

I too enjoy my Bose speakers:)
Although I don't have 901s I have a pair of 501s and four 301s I use as surround speakers:) View attachment 8267

Just now seeing the picture.

I'll bet that sounds amazing !!!!!

The directional sound projection from those speakers is amazing.

Always been a Bose fan. Always will be.

22ConversionUnut

Well-Known Fanatic
I've read that Succession is filming another season. My all time favourite series is a toss up between "Ozark" and "Peaky Blinders". Both have filmed another season. and can't wait for either! Another good one to add to the list is the series "Fargo".....I'm hoping season 4 with Chris Rock is released soon to Netflix Canada.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I just started watching this season of Animal Kingdom .

I've seen the first episode. I was shocked it was back. I thought last season was it....

Glad it's still rolling along.

jennflip

Well-Known Fanatic
I've read that Succession is filming another season. My all time favourite series is a toss up between "Ozark" and "Peaky Blinders". Both have filmed another season. and can't wait for either! Another good one to add to the list is the series "Fargo".....I'm hoping season 4 with Chris Rock is released soon to Netflix Canada.
I've seen the first episode. I was shocked it was back. I thought last season was it....

Glad it's still rolling along.
Yea Chris Rock was great in FArgo!!!!!

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I've read all the Harry Bosch books & watched the series...sad that it has finished.
I look forward to Michael Connelly writing more of his stories & maybe another few TV series. The tv series doesn't follow or parallel the books, but I enjoyed them both.

Last week I did something that I hadn't done in almost 2 yrs....went to a movie theater.
Watched the Black Widow movie & liked it. Interesting story.
Went yesterday & saw the latest Fast & Furious.. #9 (?).. it was comical, so many outrageous &
unbelievable stunts.. despite this, and a familiar plot, we (wife & I) still enjoyed it.
Hard to believe they'd destroy so much to make a movie..just amazing stunts.

We g started going to the movies again on Tues., as it's only $5.00 / a ticket.
Wouldn't want to spend more than $5 for most movies being made anymore.

Latest posts