RECALL notice.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

I'm not pickin on poor Winchester they Rem Hor, all have them recalls.
But why?

I have been reloading since 74 & even if my first try was stained with a misfire due to no powder in one cartridge :eek: Yep.
Never again & that was as close as I ever want to get to a recall of my own hand loads. I have never had any loads I felt were not
safe to fire. Even when I bought a replacement can of Hercules 2400 with my favorite load, & it was so hot I quit shooting them in my Black hawk &
shot them up is a .44 mag Winchester rifle. Lesson learned, not all pounds are created equal, o_O so new pound start low work up again.

What do my fellow hand loaders think is the real reason for all the recalls?

Last edited:

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

I'm not pickin on poor Winchester they Rem Hor, all have them recalls.
But why?

I have been reloading since 74 & even if my first try was stained with a misfire due to no powder in one cartridge :eek: Yep.
Never again & that was as close as I ever want to get to a recall of my own hand loads. I have never had any loads I felt were not
safe to fire. Even when I bought a replacement can of Hercules 2400 with my favorite load, & it was so hot I quit shooting them in my Black hawk &
shot them up is a .44 mag Winchester rifle. Lesson learned, not all pounds are created equal, o_O so new pound start low work up again.

What do my fellow hand loaders think is the real reason for all the recalls?
There was a failure in their process somewhere that they identified. They will never share the details.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
So apparently you have to open all your boxes to see if they're on the recall list? I wouldn't want to rip open the sealed boxes but I guess you don't have a choice if you need to check.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
There was a failure in their process somewhere that they identified. They will never share the details.
When they say their powder won't ignite properly that give's me the pucker factor.
I sure don't want any of their primers or powder that won't ignite, in my Loads. :eek:

Whose in charge of Quality control at Winchester these days?

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
When they say their powder won't ignite properly that give's me the pucker factor.
I sure don't want any of their primers or powder that won't ignite, in my Loads. :eek:

Whose in charge of Quality control at Winchester these days?
Good question. If the powder won't ignite, I would like to know why not.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
When you dig down deep smokeless powder is not something we can whip up at the kitchen table & making primers
well that's an explosive & dangerous to make ourselves.
I was happy to believe that the people who made the Smokeless powder & primers, for us tested them as if they could blow our heads off! :oops:
Squib loads are the most dangerous rounds ever & detonation is nothing to play around with.

Latest posts