Quiet as a cartridge hitting the rug.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
You could hear a pin drop.
Must be everyone's on Vacation. I've been out training some new grape vines onto the wire.
Super hot here I hope it rains soon. The classic thunder storm in the afternoon, rain called the
poor mans rain. Work all day in the hot sun then around 3-4 oclock it rains and you quit work
go indoors & the rain cools everything off for the evening.

Anyone else grow Organic Wine grapes? it's a real great feeling to get them to the wire & start the Cordons in the right direction.
Anyone out there? LOL

Attachments

• red-bunch-grapes-vineyard-37123185.jpg
    red-bunch-grapes-vineyard-37123185.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm here.... Just started (last week) driving my school bus for the summer school ESL program (thank God, I paid attention in Spanish class in high school back in the 70's! -- I still remembered most of it, and it comes in handy!)

For some added humor, check out my Plott Hound mix named "Reggie" playing in the sprinkler in the backyard yesterday. My wife had enough and distracted him by tossing a ball, and he chased after it, and we quickly turned off the sprinkler.
Crazy dog is only 1 yr old, but acts like an overgrown puppy. We have our hands full, that's for sure! Ha ha ha...

Attachments

• 20210716_195448[1].mp4
    1.5 MB

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
You can have some of our rain!! It's rained for almost two weeks straight. I finally got a chance to mow my side field yesterday and took the last pass just as the rain was starting again. So over night it rained enough to flood my field, this was dry yesterday at 5pm and this was from first light this morning. In the 20+ years we've lived here I've never seen the standing water that wide, it will usually just be about 10' wide and run most of that length. In the deepest part it's probably 18-20" deep.

9B93B661-A1F9-459D-8B79-AE6EB9722E9F.jpegFFB07102-2FB5-485E-987D-C25E7952D691.jpeg

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
That sounds nice. We are in a serious drought here in eastern MT and it's supposed to be over a 100 for a week straight. Just praying for rain and that no one starts a fire

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

yeah, its hot and dry here on west side also. I cringed over the 4th as the new transplants let off their fireworks. We escaped without incident. Big fire up on Lolo pass, up the road from me, smoke has filled the valley. So temps are down from the 100s, not sure but rather have the hotter temps as opposed to all the smoke? Truthfully I guess both options suck
We haven't had rain in so long I forget what it feels like. Only 2 decent rains all spring long and after a dry winter, and no rain this summer yet. Fires raging. Man I hate this stuff

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
yeah, its hot and dry here on west side also. I cringed over the 4th as the new transplants let off their fireworks. We escaped without incident. Big fire up on Lolo pass, up the road from me, smoke has filled the valley. So temps are down from the 100s, not sure but rather have the hotter temps as opposed to all the smoke? Truthfully I guess both options suck
We haven't had rain in so long I forget what it feels like. Only 2 decent rains all spring long and after a dry winter, and no rain this summer yet. Fires raging. Man I hate this stuff

I feel for ya man we had fires from TN some years back it was hard to breath & no rain in sight.
Burned up many homes & trees for all summer it seemed.
When we think of Oregon we think of green wet forest kinda like we thought of Western NC years ago.

We have so many people moving here, the Flat Farmland is disappearing so fast here in Western NC
we will soon have Housing developments to grow our food. So many more large trees cut this year in
our Co, it's getting hard to see the forest form the Houses & new shopping malls.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
It's good to hear you guys are alive & well or at least still kicking LOL.
It's summer & some of us have ammo to shoot & things to do.

I have gone back to the 1800s & Cowboy shows & Movies to soak in the real Americana the old west stood for.
Funny or not we have come a long ways down into the gutter, when it comes to how a civilized nation acts in front of the World.

Ye Haa!

Hopalong_Cassidy_Grace_Bradley_Boyd.jpg

Dub

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
It's good to hear you guys are alive & well or at least still kicking LOL.
It's summer & some of us have ammo to shoot & things to do.

I have gone back to the 1800s & Cowboy shows & Movies to soak in the real Americana the old west stood for.
Funny or not we have come a long ways down into the gutter, when it comes to how a civilized nation acts in front of the World.

Ye Haa!

View attachment 8259

You ain't kiddin'.

We've definitely been flowing toward the gutter and swirling around the drain.

I enjoy good Westerns as well as war movies.

Dub

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Having a great summer beating the heat being a real puppy fer sure.View attachment 8249View attachment 8250
Our Bella doing what's natural for her, a real golden Water Dog. ;)

She is beautiful.

I can imagine she's stolen your heart.....and for good reason.

I thoroughly enjoy the company of our two "girls".

They follow me everywhere inside or in the yard. The oldest has always been one that is seldom not in contact with me if I'm home. She's gotta be leaning into my leg or in the recliner with me. She'll make her final rounds each evening at bedtime and then wait to be pickup and put on the bed where she'll burrow up against my knee and sleep. The younger one is the active one who is on guard all the time....keeping a check on things, lol.

She's got a more independent streak....but she was allows closely bonded to my wife....seldom more than a few feet away from her. When my wife passed....she was on the floor whimpering some....put her on the bed do cuddle up with her and say her goodbyes in her own way.

My bride and I have been well cared for by our little dogs. Since her passing these dogs and I have gotten even closer. The remind me not be quiet....to talk to them. As in all things, God knew what he was doing when he brought them into our lives. And as in all things....I am eternally grateful for their companionship.

In a few years as I approach the retirement time....I plan on adding another pair to my home. This time it'll be larger dogs....something birdy...Labradors, Goldens, Brittany Spaniels, etc. The walking will help keep me active.....and they'll enjoy going along fishing & such.

Who knows......I may even have a few wood duck holes to hunt. Live fairly close to the river and a lake. Good opportunity to get out and train up puppies to water retrieve, enter/exit boats, blinds and behave themselves around folks at the boat ramps.

It is mighty comforting to have these animals in our lives and to share the outdoors....and indoors with them.

The Lord's blessings are amazing.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Sometimes names have hidden meanings like Dog spelled backwards, is God ;)
I have always had Dogs, or perhaps it's they who have had me, the true meaning of love for mankind is that of a Dog for their person, it's until till Death do them part from you.

DSCF0163.JPG
Remember when God told you he would never leave you alone here on Earth? Well ^^^ :) just look into your Dogs eyes if you want to know how they feel about you.

PanHandlerFL

Well-Known Fanatic
If any of your mention Old Yeller or Where the Red Fern Grows...that's all you need to know about how I feel about dogs. As a teen I snuck into a movie theater to see Dogs of War (1980) with Christoper Walken and Tom Berrenger...thinking it was a movie about dogs...I left the theater wanting to be on cover of Soldier of Fortune magazine. I notice the John Wick movies have a "dog" theme in all them, guess I'll just wait out my wifes 5 rescue (from backyard) cats and a ferocious red Pom (sort of a dog with cat issues)...before I ask for a brace of Rotties or Dobbies (like a I had when you married me, honey?!) lol...