question for JM pro owners

CRZAHN

New Fanatic
I am getting started in 3 gun and I bought a JM pro. For the haters out there I also bought a Stoeger M3K and a Versa max. Anyway, I like the JM pro a lot but the fore end is loose, as in it moves up and down about half an inch, maybe less. I tried to tighten the nut on the extension tube but it bottoms out and the fore end is still loose. Is this a common problem and what, if anything, can I do to fix it?

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
CRZAHN said:
I am getting started in 3 gun and I bought a JM pro. For the haters out there I also bought a Stoeger M3K and a Versa max. Anyway, I like the JM pro a lot but the fore end is loose, as in it moves up and down about half an inch, maybe less. I tried to tighten the nut on the extension tube but it bottoms out and the fore end is still loose. Is this a common problem and what, if anything, can I do to fix it?
Send a PM to OR3GUN. William will fix you up

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Burk Cornelius said:
Send a PM to OR3GUN. William will fix you up

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
All mossy shotguns do that... what's the secret handshake? I have a 20 G sporting shotgun that flushes birds 30 meters out from that rattle

KYTrunkMonkey

Fanatic
Sounds to me like the extension tube is screwed too far into the coupler nut, therefore not allowing the nut to tighten down far enough against the fore end. Loosen the nut from the extension tube. Put the for end on, tighten coupler nut down, then tighten the extension down into the nut.

OR3GUN

Sponsor
CRZAHN said:
Assuming you are talking about the play at the rear of the forearm, where it meets the receiver? Here's a link you need to check out:

http://www.or3gun.com/OR3GUN/about_or3gun_retainer.htm

If you are instead talking about the front, let me know and I'll give you some other things to check.

William

CRZAHN

New Fanatic
KY Trunk monkey, thank you. I will begin looking there. OR3GUN, thank you, I was wondering if one of those would help. Jesse, and others, I will probably own a Benelli sooner or later, but I did not buy all 3 at once. I bought the JM pro 1st because it was race ready out of the box, even if it isn't perfect. The Stoeger is for my daughter and is at the gunsmith right now being upgraded to where she can at least use it in a match. The Versa Max is race ready from the box also and I have noticed that there are some pretty decent shooters using them. If the dealer that I bought the VM from was a Benelli dealer I would probably have gone that route, but he wasn't. He gives me the best deals on my trade ins as well as decent prices to begin with. Jesse, if you wan't to lower the price of that beat up old Benelli that you are selling to a grand, I would happily take it off your hands. :sarcastichand:

Latest posts