P&S 1911 Discussion

Joe C

Pass the mustard
Custom Builder

cor_man257

Fanatic
Primary & Secondary is an awesome resource to dive deep into topics. The other great thing about them is some incredibly experienced guys are involved. With the number of national level instructors, competitors and former SF types they dont dabble in BS much.

-Cory

Geoff

Fanatic
Watched the it all. The topic of trigger break got interesting! . At the end of the day, just a smidge of roll for me. Seriously, a very interesting and educational evening.

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
I will have to listen to it at work on the podcast next week.

P&S is one of my go to podcasts. It’s great to see guys with so much experience open to new ideas and technologies like the RMR.

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
I just finished the podcast. So much great info. It was right up my alley.
Ask @Bender I can rant about 1911 parts, triggers and building all day.

@Joe C will your slide for the RMR be available as a slide only option or only on your gun builds?

I love the 1911 but switched to a Glock for carry just for the ease of RMR installation.

Joe C

Pass the mustard
Custom Builder
I just finished the podcast. So much great info. It was right up my alley.
Ask @Bender I can rant about 1911 parts, triggers and building all day.

@Joe C will your slide for the RMR be available as a slide only option or only on your gun builds?

I love the 1911 but switched to a Glock for carry just for the ease of RMR installation.

We are planning on offering to plates to gunsmiths first. Down the line we may offer slides or perhaps the service of cutting the slides. They are not overly complex to cut.

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
We are planning on offering to plates to gunsmiths first. Down the line we may offer slides or perhaps the service of cutting the slides. They are not overly complex to cut.
So when can I send you my slide? :D

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
@Joe C Also I enjoy a flat faced trigger in a 1911 do to breaks and strained tendons my trigger finger doesn’t enter the trigger guard straight from the side and the flat faced trigger gives a more constant feel. I also like the recoil impulse of a small radius firing pin stop paired with a 23lb mainspring when shooting factory 230gr ammo in a 5” steel 1911. But your explanation of the mainspring and recoil spring function was spot on.

If P&S ever needs a amateur /garage hack perspective on the 1911 for carry and training let them know I’m available most days.;);) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Latest posts