Overall Handgun Match Results

Rockon71385

Founding Member
I'd like to see a feature on Practiscore that would allow you to see overall match results with PCC removed from the match. I'm not saying we should replace the current overall report, just to add another option. I e-mailed them suggesting it today, and I'm curious to know if anybody else feels the same way.

Because of the way USPSA scoring works and how match points are distributed, and because of the differences in certain stage requirement for handgun shooters and PCC shooters, PCC results tend to really mess up the high hit factor on certain stages, resulting in ridiculous point distributions. Yesterday's stage 8 at OKC was a perfect example. It required strong hand shots at 30ish yards and weak hand shots at 10-15 yards. Every single PCC shooter beat every single handgun shooter and the top handgun shooter only got 49% of the stage points, albeit in an arbitrary meaningless overall results page.

I know division results are the only official results, but I still like to see how I stack up against other guys that shot the same match I did with other kinds of handguns. Depending on the stages, PCC shooters often aren't shooting the same match at all. I don't think adding the option to see that would hurt anything, and I would love to see it personally. What do you guys think?

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Stage 8 was the kind of stupid trash stage design that people hate about matches at the OKC Gun Club. It was set up to create a delay specifically for the flow of the match, due to the short stages in bay 6.

Also, I too will email Ken Nelson about your idea to isolate handgun scores. Good idea.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
PCC is stupid! Anybody have a video of this ass kicking y'all took?
I agree though there are some situations where you can't shoot the PCC the way you have to shoot the pistol due to safety concerns. So it's a completely different match within a match.

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
You don't ever hear the revolver guys complaining about removing them damn open shooters results off the overall results page when there was a high round count stage that required standing reloads. Just sayin'.....

But also, it wouldn't hurt anything to separate it if it's easy for the practiscore guys.

Professor

Well-Known Fanatic
A filter option to select those divisions in which you want to compare the results would be nice. Comparing production and limited shooters for example to see how you would place if the match (or stage) just included those.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Rick Howell said:
A filter option to select those divisions in which you want to compare the results would be nice. Comparing production and limited shooters for example to see how you would place if the match (or stage) just included those.
Yeah like a button to select called "exclude cheaters"

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
Such a filter will allow us to essentially ban the totally irrelevant PCC scores and return Open to its rightful role of "the supreme ruler" of all USPSA matches.

Next we will require all PCC shooters to squad together to enable the fast and efficient mass DQ of these sub-human competitors.

In time, we will be rid of anyone who dares to tilt our level playing field.

(Should work until we PCC shooters go from silent minority to pissed off majority. Just a matter of time? :roulette: )

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Everyone who has a problem with PCC, has never shot PCC.
Give it a try and you'll be trading that $6k open pistol with the $150 mags to get you a PCC with 6 mags plus extensions for under $2k then you can buy a dirt bike with what's left over.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Rick Howell said:
It will ALMOST work now if you download the web report and import the text file into Excel as fixed width. It should be an easy deal to export the overall out to something usable. It'll be interesting to see if it happens.

Rockon71385

Founding Member
Matt Rigsby said:
Give it a try and you'll be trading that $6k open pistol with the $150 mags to get you a PCC with 6 mags plus extensions for under $2k then you can buy a dirt bike with what's left over.
I have absolutely no problem with PCC. It looks like a shitload of fun, and I'm definitely going to try it someday. I'm glad we have it as a division, and I'm excited that you can practice rifle skills at a USPSA match now.

I still would like to see how I stacked up against the best handgun shooters regardless of division.

grantwoodok

Well-Known Fanatic
Matt Rigsby said:
n

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No I won't.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Grant Wood OK said:
n

No I won't.

You're not the boss of me

grantwoodok

Well-Known Fanatic
Feegee Matlock said:
Those awful assault rifles scare me, and need to ban those extra long mags.
Pistol shooters life's matter!!
Aww don't be a ****. Embrace the retarded children, they don't know anything other than licking the windows.

Feegee

The Magic Man
Grant Wood OK said:
Aww don't be a ****. Embrace the retarded children, they don't know anything other than licking the windows.

So true. Grant is my inner voice

Latest posts