Oklahoma Self Defense Act - 2019

Clucky C

9mm
I process these apps for citizens in Logan County, & it is very common for people to bring in a copy of their training certificate. Page 4 of the application states to include the original training certificate in your packet. Also, page 2 asks that you print your first & last name as well as SS# on the back of your photos before attaching them to the application. Thank you! :)

This is my favorite part of my job! I get to meet alot of nice people from young to older, with different backgrounds & all sorts of interesting stories (especially the older people).

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
How did you post in my thread, it was supposed to be locked? You are really asking for a whoopin' today, aren't you?

PS: I messed up my application in Logan County because I forgot to bring TWO photographs

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
How did you post in my thread, it was supposed to be locked? You are really asking for a whoopin' today, aren't you?

PS: I messed up my application in Logan County because I forgot to bring TWO photographs
:breakcomp:

dennishoddy

You also have to not have glasses on when you take your pics. I got mine done, and read the fine print before going back to walgreens to get another set done.
Got my renewal back this week. Just went for the 5 year.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
I forget what I messed up on in Logan County... but I had to go back twice for something..... Sandy did not take my paperwork... the mean lady did

My wife is going for her's soon...what's the turnaround from OSBI nowdays?

My renewal took about 30 days. Can't say about new applications.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Now that you have been to both, would you care to do a little comparison? My Son and grandkids live in Texas, and I'd like to get some discussion about what the differences may be.
This is a fantastic idea.
I'm very interested as well.

dennishoddy

We go down there to visit, and I know I'm legal to carry, but it sounds like there may be some differences about what is a legal shoot from another thread.

Oleg Tolmachev

Well-Known Fanatic
Now that you have been to both, would you care to do a little comparison? My Son and grandkids live in Texas, and I'd like to get some discussion about what the differences may be.

Texas: can use deadly force to stop a robbery in progress, criminal trespassing (i.e. your front or back yard), property being stolen from your neighbor. However, it is not protected by the castle law, therefore while you are most likely not a subject for criminal legal action, you may still be sued in a civil court. Oklahoma - cannot do any of he above.

Texas: can carry in school zone & step out of your vehicle. As long as your shoulder doesn't cross the school door threshold, you are good. Oklahoma - have to remain in your vehicle.

Texas: concealed carry can only be prohibited by a very specifically posted 30.06 notice, English and Spanish, certain font, size, etc. In Oklahoma, a picture of a gun with a a liner over it (or anything of this sort) is a legal notice of prohibited concealed weapons....

In Texas, CCW is not required to have a loaded firearm in the vehicle as long as it is concealed.

Hmm.... I will think of some more to post.

Latest posts