Oklahoma Pistol Team Training

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
The Oklahoma Pistol Team is initiating their 2011 season by seeking new shooters who might be interested in trying out and training in the discipline of NRA Conventional (Bullseye) Pistol. Bullseye pistol combines precision fire at 50 yards with sustained fire at 25 yards and utilizes 3 different firearms across the course of fire. Team coaches are seeking shooters who would like to train and try out for the 2011 season and have hopes of making the Team in future years.

The Team will start off the New Year with their first training session at Jack Oak's facility near Tuttle on Saturday January 8, 2011. This session will welcome new shooters and set up the coming season. Training will start at 10 a.m., break for lunch about 11:30, and continue for another hour after the lunch break. This is a BYOL (bring your own lunch) and drinks session. Bring a 45 service pistol. Ammunition other shooting stuff will not be needed. If you wear a special set of glasses for shooting you will want those along with a notepad and pencil. If new shooters do not have a .45 service pistol at this time practice firearms will be available.

Should the road conditions be bad, you can call Richard Chadwick at 580-618-2807 or Jack Oak at 405-630-9360 to determine if the training is on or off. The following are instructions for finding Jack's facility:

At the stop light in Tuttle (intersection of Main & Cimarron Rd.) go south 4 miles. Then go East 1 mile. Then go south approx. 3/4 mile on CS2920. When you get to the place in the road having two mailboxes on the East side numbered 1155 & 1162 and with double orange gates on the West you are at the entrance to Jack's place. Go through the orange gate, down the gravel drive to the Jack Oak firearms training ranch.

X-ringer

Active Fanatic
The Oklahoma Pistol Team is initiating their 2011 season by seeking new shooters who might be interested in trying out and training in the discipline of NRA Conventional (Bullseye) Pistol. Bullseye pistol combines precision fire at 50 yards with sustained fire at 25 yards and utilizes 3 different firearms across the course of fire. Team coaches are seeking shooters who would like to train and try out for the 2011 season and have hopes of making the Team in future years.

The Team will start off the New Year with their first training session at Jack Oak's facility near Tuttle on Saturday January 8, 2011. This session will welcome new shooters and set up the coming season. Training will start at 10 a.m., break for lunch about 11:30, and continue for another hour after the lunch break. This is a BYOL (bring your own lunch) and drinks session. Bring a 45 service pistol. Ammunition other shooting stuff will not be needed. If you wear a special set of glasses for shooting you will want those along with a notepad and pencil. If new shooters do not have a .45 service pistol at this time practice firearms will be available.

Should the road conditions be bad, you can call Richard Chadwick at 580-618-2807 or Jack Oak at 405-630-9360 to determine if the training is on or off. The following are instructions for finding Jack's facility:

At the stop light in Tuttle (intersection of Main & Cimarron Rd.) go south 4 miles. Then go East 1 mile. Then go south approx. 3/4 mile on CS2920. When you get to the place in the road having two mailboxes on the East side numbered 1155 & 1162 and with double orange gates on the West you are at the entrance to Jack's place. Go through the orange gate, down the gravel drive to the Jack Oak firearms training ranch.
That was one of the best Training sessions that I have been to in a long while. Richard did an excellent job giving out a truckload of info A++++.
Looking forward to the next one that is on Feb 5th at the Oklahoma City Gun Club and it will be after the Air Pistol Match.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
That was one of the best Training sessions that I have been to in a long while. Richard did an excellent job giving out a truckload of info A++++.
Looking forward to the next one that is on Feb 5th at the Oklahoma City Gun Club and it will be after the Air Pistol Match.

I really want to try my hand at this stuff. I am going to mark down the February 5th class on my calendar. Please keep us posted.

Rhino55

Fanatic
I'm planning on attending he training on the 5th. I dug out my old gun box and dusted off the 22 and getting a trigger job done on the 45. What time on the 5th?

X-ringer

Active Fanatic
I'm planning on attending he training on the 5th. I dug out my old gun box and dusted off the 22 and getting a trigger job done on the 45. What time on the 5th?
The next training session is scheduled for Feb. 5th, 1pm at the Oklahoma City Gun club. They are having an air pistol match that morning, so I suggest you get with Charles Meloy and reserve a spot on one of the two relays that morning. If you'd like to shoot the air pistol match and need to borrow a pistol, just let Charles know and he'll help you out.

At the next training session, we are going to start building you into a pistol shooting machine. We'll work on the physical fundamentals of being a pistol shooter. Again, all you'll need is a pistol, no ammo or other gear. The note pad and pen are all important to have again. This will be an indoor training session. I'll be calling on some of the more experienced shooters to serve as training assistants at this particular training session.

Hope you have worked on your short list of Short & Long Term Goals. Anybody putting up cue cards around the house and workplace that remind them of something they need to get good at (such as the key focus point)? Anybody got themselves a physical training routine outlined that is simple to follow and one that will tone the body for the physical endurance that a winning pistol shooter will have?

If you have any other questions let me know?

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
Im going to be there. I dont have a service pistol yet but I'll be there taking as many notes as I can. Im going to try and get in on the air pistol match as well.

Rhino55

Fanatic
The next training session is scheduled for Feb. 5th, 1pm at the Oklahoma City Gun club. They are having an air pistol match that morning, so I suggest you get with Charles Meloy and reserve a spot on one of the two relays that morning. If you'd like to shoot the air pistol match and need to borrow a pistol, just let Charles know and he'll help you out.

At the next training session, we are going to start building you into a pistol shooting machine. We'll work on the physical fundamentals of being a pistol shooter. Again, all you'll need is a pistol, no ammo or other gear. The note pad and pen are all important to have again. This will be an indoor training session. I'll be calling on some of the more experienced shooters to serve as training assistants at this particular training session.

Hope you have worked on your short list of Short & Long Term Goals. Anybody putting up cue cards around the house and workplace that remind them of something they need to get good at (such as the key focus point)? Anybody got themselves a physical training routine outlined that is simple to follow and one that will tone the body for the physical endurance that a winning pistol shooter will have?

If you have any other questions let me know?
I have a Daisy 777 match pistol and shot for the Navy marksmanship team for a few years. I had to turn in my issued gear when I retired. I'm looking for a High standard 102 or 107. A S&W model 41 would do too. I haven't shot a bullseye match in about 7 years but I've been working on NPA, sight alinament and trigger squeeze.

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a Daisy 777 match pistol and shot for the Navy marksmanship team for a few years. I had to turn in my issued gear when I retired. I'm looking for a High standard 102 or 107. A S&W model 41 would do too. I haven't shot a bullseye match in about 7 years but I've been working on NPA, sight alinament and trigger squeeze.

Come shoot with us tuesday evenings at Heartland at 6pm. We shoot a 900 22. match the 2nd, 3rd and 4th tuesdays of the month

X-ringer

Active Fanatic
There are 2 pistols for the CMP EIC Matches they are the 1911-A1 and the Beretta M9/92F but if you are non-Distinguished you can only shoot 3 a year plus one at the Nationals. The EIC Matches are only 30 rounds and are for getting a Distinguished Pistol Badge.

Regular Bullseye Matches have 3 guns in a 2700 match, 90 rounds with each, a 22LR a Center-fire (any pistol .32 caliber and above) and a 45 Match.

When you are just starting out I suggest just shooting a 22 through the whole 2700 match, your scores won't count in the CF or 45 matches but you will learn the ropes a whole lot faster.

Any decent 22 will work. The most popular are the Ruger MkIII, the S&W 41 and my favorite the Marvel conversion for the 1911. With the Marvel you need only 1 gun and the conversion and you can shoot all the Bullseye Matches here is a link to there site. http://www.marvelprecision.com/unit1.php

Here is a link to the OKC Gun Club's Bullseye page for more info http://www.okcgunclub.org/bullseye/

penman53

Fanatic
Training classes at Heartland start at 6:00 pm plan on bringing some 22 ammunition to use on the range after the classroom lecture is completed. We are usually out of there at about 8:30. See you there

X-ringer

Active Fanatic
Pistol Team Training /Meeting and Airgun Match are canceled due to the road condition.
I'll let you all know when it is rescheduled.

X-ringer

Active Fanatic
There is a Oklahoma Pistol Team meeting and Training is Saturday, Feb. 19, at 10 a.m. at Jack Oak's training facility.
Please bring pencil, paper and service pistol. Also, bring shoes that you plan on shooting in and shooting glasses.
No ammo and no gun box needed.
Please bring your own lunch.

Following is a set of instructions for finding Jack's facility from Tuttle.

At the stop light in Tuttle (intersection of Main & Cimarron Rd.) go south 4 miles. Then go East 1 mile. Next go south approx. 3/4 mile on CS2920. When you get to the spot in the road having two mailboxes on the East side of the road numbered 1155 & 1162 with double orange gates on the West side of the road you are at the entrance to Jack's place. Go through the orange gate, down the gravel drive and you'll be at the Jack Oak firearms training ranch.

Latest posts