Oklahoma Knife Laws Getting Even better

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Good for you guys. The knife laws didn't make sense to me there. You guys had better gun laws than FL, but we had better knife laws. Looks like this changes that.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Tuflehundon (Rob Gee) said:
Good for you guys. The knife laws didn't make sense to me there. You guys had better gun laws than FL, but we had better knife laws. Looks like this changes that.
I'm guessing our goofy knife and booze laws Are due to the fact that Oklahoma was the last Wild West as it only became a state in 1889 and was pretty much nothingness and lawless until the 1910's.

Rockon71385

Founding Member
Jesse Tischauser said:
I'm guessing our goofy knife and booze laws Are due to the fact that Oklahoma was the last Wild West as it only became a state in 1889 and was pretty much nothingness and lawless until the 1910's.
Booze laws were actually kept in place by industry. I met with our state rep a few years ago to talk about it. Local distributors of Miller, Bud, and Coors had a monopoly on grocery store and gas station shelves for years and they didn't want to risk losing that. Liquor stores had a monopoly on anything stronger, and they didn't want laws to change because they were worried about competing with walmart and walgreens like they have to in most states. Both groups donate to campaigns and have active lobbies in our state. Consumers get screwed in the process. Thank god for ballot initiatives.

Latest posts