NRA Convention

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Anyone headed into Indy for the convention? I've never gone, and since it's in the back yard, decided to brave the crowds. Got volunteered to work at the small fry BB gun range with a friend of mine.
Looking forward to it.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
We're arriving on Thursday, staying thru Saturday. Welcome went 5 years ago when it was in Indy. Great time,way too much to see. going to be great having our president there. chuck Norris will be at the Glock booth. We're arriving early for dinner at St. Elmos.

apipeguy

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm very disappointed that I can not go as it is fairly close to me. Previous plans are just not going to allow it. Probably be quite a few years before it is this close to me, again.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I'm very disappointed that I can not go as it is fairly close to me. Previous plans are just not going to allow it. Probably be quite a few years before it is this close to me, again.
Convention will be back in Indy in 5 years

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm wondering, as a first time attendee, how they handle a presidential visit in the middle of a convention center full of armed members?? I've heard several theories, but it all seems like a logistical nightmare to me. I guess I'll see how it works come Friday. I suppose the NRA convention would be the safest place on earth for this president though..

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Amen to that. I was working a Daytona 500 back when Bush was pres. I NEVER want to go through all of that BS again. Here's a hint, never try to file a claim against the secret service for damages to equipment, incurred while being inspected by them. You can't win. Cost me almost a thousand dollars.

tightloops

Active Fanatic
I'll be there Thurs thru Sunday. Been looking forward to attending again since 2016 in Louisville!

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
The President will be speaking in Lucas oil stadium. not in the convention hall. Secret Service is in charge of security. Guns and knives will not be allowed in the stadium.

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Those are only two items on a very long list of what will not be allowed, all in the paper today. I'll be skipping that one, shades of Daytona. Might be the best time to check out the vendor areas.

TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot

Well-Known Fanatic
Those are only two items on a very long list of what will not be allowed, all in the paper today. I'll be skipping that one, shades of Daytona. Might be the best time to check out the vendor areas.
That was certainly the case in Dallas last year. Annie and I did not feel compelled to strip off all our defenses just to listen to some politicians, so we skipped the auditorium.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Amen to that. I was working a Daytona 500 back when Bush was pres. I NEVER want to go through all of that BS again. Here's a hint, never try to file a claim against the secret service for damages to equipment, incurred while being inspected by them. You can't win. Cost me almost a thousand dollars.

Ive been in a few different locations when POTUS was present. Even if you're active duty military, its a pain in the arse. Ive met Nancy Reagan and Laura Bush, that was much more gratifying than seeing the President.