No more IDPA in Weatherford, OK

Stranger

Fanatic
The IDPA club here in Weatherford at TIn Star is now defunct. I'm pretty disappointed. I invested my time, money, and effort to be a certified RSO and they decided IDPA was too much of a hastle. We still shoot every month, we just don't get to use our scores for anything more grand (e.g. State/National Matches).

ChrisC

Revolver Division
Didn't the new rule book require current so's go through SO training again? I talked to a guy who recently became an so to find out his certificate was null AMD void with the new rules

Clint Dismore

Well-Known Fanatic
Those matches were pretty poorly ran when I lived out there. Kept hoping they would get better but they didn't so I quit going. Sorry to hear it's gotten worse. They have the facilities to support a nice match

Stranger

Fanatic
ChrisC said:
Didn't the new rule book require current so's go through SO training again? I talked to a guy who recently became an so to find out his certificate was null AMD void with the new rules
Yes, there was a requirement for RSOs to retake the exam. It wasn't easy but it also wasn't that difficult. If you looked through the book and answered accordiingly you would pass. I scored a 92% on it being anal retentive. Apparently, my fellow RSOs didn't take is seriously and bombed it… twice. The other option was to have someone come out and re-teach the course, but I guess that fell through.

Stranger

Fanatic
Clint Dismore said:
Those matches were pretty poorly ran when I lived out there. Kept hoping they would get better but they didn't so I quit going. Sorry to hear it's gotten worse. They have the facilities to support a nice match
Really, Clint? I know of at least ONE RSO that took it seriously and made sure everyone was safe. You sure you don't know of at least one RSO that did a good job?

What about the matches was poorly ran?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Stranger said:
Outlaw? Is that what they call a bunch of shooters punching holes in paper and writing down scores? We kind of follow IDPA rules.
That's what they call it in 3-gun. I'd much prefer to be apart of an organization to help reduce the shenanigans.

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
That is sad news to hear, I know that you worked very hard for them.
Safety or the lack of it is typically not the reason a club quits it's organizing body.
More often it is some in the club finding they lose competitive advantage with sanctioning or hope to gain that competitive advantage by going off the books.
Kind of like a defunct scout troop, just stay away.

Clint Dismore

Well-Known Fanatic
Robusto said:
That is sad news to hear, I know that you worked very hard for them.
Safety or the lack of it is typically not the reason a club quits it's organizing body.
More often it is some in the club finding they lose competitive advantage with sanctioning or hope to gain that competitive advantage by going off the books.
Kind of like a defunct scout troop, just stay away.
This is mostly my point. When I left, it was quite buddy buddy around there. I wasn't in the in crowd so it was hard to get much out of things not to speak about the shop itself

Clint,
I'm sorry that I am just now seeing this post. Let me set the record straight here. Yes, we chose not to be associated with IDPA when they changed their rulebook and required re-certification by all of the RSOs. None of the six RSOs that we had were willing to do that. Coupled with the way that IDPA treated us as a club and the way that this new requirement was enforced was not worth the time. You say that you were are a RSO? Really? You never once offered to help out with anything that we did. As a matter of fact I notice that your original post is from 04/15/14 and the last invoice you had in here was from 04/11/13. So you had not darkened our door for a year when you originally posted.

Our matches were always run in a safe and efficient manner. If there was an issue we addressed it. Period.

We are moving to USPSA as of this moment and will be up and running with USPSA rules this month. Anybody have any questions please feel free to post them here or contact me directly.

Matt Wilson
[email protected]
580-774-0396

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
TinStarShootingRange said:
Clint,
I'm sorry that I am just now seeing this post. Let me set the record straight here. Yes, we chose not to be associated with IDPA when they changed their rulebook and required re-certification by all of the RSOs. None of the six RSOs that we had were willing to do that. Coupled with the way that IDPA treated us as a club and the way that this new requirement was enforced was not worth the time. You say that you were are a RSO? Really? You never once offered to help out with anything that we did. As a matter of fact I notice that your original post is from 04/15/14 and the last invoice you had in here was from 04/11/13. So you had not darkened our door for a year when you originally posted.

Our matches were always run in a safe and efficient manner. If there was an issue we addressed it. Period.

We are moving to USPSA as of this moment and will be up and running with USPSA rules this month. Anybody have any questions please feel free to post them here or contact me directly.

Matt Wilson
[email protected]
580-774-0396
that escalated slowly... +1 to you for not putting up with the idpa bs... it has caused so much arguing at our club over new rules
i wish my local range would switch to uspsa soo baddddd

Airic

I shoot.
Clint,

Matt Wilson
[email protected]
580-774-0396
I could really go for another USPSA match within an hour of my house. May I suggest the 2nd or 4th weekend of the month?

Clint Dismore

Well-Known Fanatic
Clint,

Matt Wilson
[email protected]
580-774-0396
I wasn't trying to start anything with you but the reason I haven't been there in a year and a half now is because I moved 3 hours away and would have to pass a lot of stores and ranges better than yours to get there. I remember having store credit there and going in with a list and not being able to get any of your staff to give me the time of day to look it up and order it. I'm sure you've forgotten that though. Also, I am not an rso and have never claimed to be one. I read my posts and am not sure where you got that. I hope things turn around at your range though because, like I said before, you have the facilities for a possibly good match

Sorry Clint it must have been your post that really set me off:

Latest posts