No more 45acp Revolvers from S&W

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Look at their site. But they are Hiring. Like everyone else. Scary.
I did look at their site. Just as you said, 45acp wasn't an option for any revolver. I find that to be peculiar.

I wonder why. There seems to be a bit of a push within the industry to consider the 45acp obsolete. I do not agree with that at all.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Jim Carrey Ok GIF

I know just what's going on. The powers that think they be "only I'm in Charge" want to take the MIGHTY 45 Automatic Colt Pistol out
of the #1 spot WELLLL they have another thing coming.

Then this 1911 Fan MAN will just not buy or shoot anymore 9mms & only have my 9 or 11 Colt 1911s chambered in you know LOL. ;)

I am just beside myself with anger about this.
0FE805C0-2355-472D-B207-98923F605747.jpeg

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
I did look at their site. Just as you said, 45acp wasn't an option for any revolver. I find that to be peculiar.

I wonder why. There seems to be a bit of a push within the industry to consider the 45acp obsolete. I do not agree with that at all.
Have a S&W model 1917 45 acp revolver...shoots great only problem is it has a hair I mean hair trigger. Cannot find parts so fix it. Tried tightening the spring no luck.

Ceapea

Well-Known Fanatic
Have a S&W model 1917 45 acp revolver...shoots great only problem is it has a hair I mean hair trigger. Cannot find parts so fix it. Tried tightening the spring no luck.
How is the double action trigger pull? Might be your best option.
I personally shoot any of my DA/SA revolvers, only DA. Great way to get (much?) better with any other trigger type.

Mike Moser

Active Fanatic
Striker fired not for me,got rid of all mine several years ago.1911 45acp,CZ s/a 9mm.But I need to find some reasonable ammo for my M25 45LC

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
How is the double action trigger pull? Might be your best option.
I personally shoot any of my DA/SA revolvers, only DA. Great way to get (much?) better with any other trigger type.
Even DA trigger very sensitive. The guy that had it before was a competition shooter...Don't even think about setting the trigger.

Vin

Well-Known Fanatic
I also favor blue steel and leather. Mostly the 1911 and revolvers. I also admit to owning and shooting Glock's. It is the Glock that dominates the shooting sport.,

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
1911's and Glocks, shoot them both depending on match I'm shooting, 1911's my favorite but I do like Glocks also

Far as the 45 acp revolver thing goes maybe it's the moon clip thing, people maybe would rather not mess with something like that and just load a round like 38 or 357, just a thought, I shot the S & W model that has the different color grips, a Jerry Miculek model, nice revolver, it was 45 acp, no interest in owning one but certainly understand why folks like them

Reactions: Vin

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
1911's and Glocks, shoot them both depending on match I'm shooting, 1911's my favorite but I do like Glocks also

Far as the 45 acp revolver thing goes maybe it's the moon clip thing, people maybe would rather not mess with something like that and just load a round like 38 or 357, just a thought, I shot the S & W model that has the different color grips, a Jerry Miculek model, nice revolver, it was 45 acp, no interest in owning one but certainly understand why folks like them
No they are grreat...do not use moon clips but full 6 round clips. A lot cheaper & much easier to use.

Latest posts