Newbie to the Forum

Tall Paul

Fanatic
Good Evening,
Long time shooter short time 1911/2011 owner. Served in the US Army as a medic. They phased out the 1911 as I was in my first unit to the M9. Didn't think much of the M9 or the worn out 1911's. After the service I became pretty much a Glock fan boy. Owning practically every Glock in 9mm, .45acp, and 10mm. For the last 10 or so years my boss has been trying to bring me to the light and shoot a 1911.
Well I finally cut my teeth on a STI 9mm Trojan. After a few trips to the range I was a convert. I have since bought 3 now Staccato 2011 and shoot in USPSA and Steel Challenge.
I am hoping to learn and add to the community. Thanks and God Bless

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Awesome to have another convert! Thank you so much for your service. We here truly appreciate all you and your fellow service members have done and continue up do.
So long story short, WELCOME to a great place and hope you enjoy the journey.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Good Evening,
Long time shooter short time 1911/2011 owner. Served in the US Army as a medic. They phased out the 1911 as I was in my first unit to the M9. Didn't think much of the M9 or the worn out 1911's. After the service I became pretty much a Glock fan boy. Owning practically every Glock in 9mm, .45acp, and 10mm. For the last 10 or so years my boss has been trying to bring me to the light and shoot a 1911.
Well I finally cut my teeth on a STI 9mm Trojan. After a few trips to the range I was a convert. I have since bought 3 now Staccato 2011 and shoot in USPSA and Steel Challenge.
Welcome aboard!

PanHandlerFL

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to the Site, and much Thanks for your service as a Soldier and Medic! I always appreciated the duality of your chosen profession in the military...Life Saver to Life Taker (if need be) in the blink of an eye!

Good Evening,
I agree. I too am a 67/70 Army Vet 1st Infantry. Still love my 45's. Have several Glock's. Do quite a bit of customizing and smithing. Once I got rid of the MIM parts and crappy plastic sights they started to become better pistols. Won't get rid of them now because of the extreme amount of money to correct all the factory garbage. Each to their own. At any rate nothing like my Colts. I personally like metal guns. STI is making some really nice pistols. Best of luck to you!

Latest posts