new owner in DFW

sam b

New Fanatic
Hey guys, I am Sam. just turned 21. Grew up around guns, shot trap and skeet with the local 4H. My dad had a couple 1911s growing up, and most recently an STI 2011. I enjoyed them all a lot, and this week I had the opportunity to add a Bul M5 to my humble collection of guns. It is my first 1911 style gun to own personally, so I am very excited about it. First order of business will be an ambi shielded safety and some more magazines. If it proves reliable at the range I would like to put it in my carry rotation alongside my IWI Masada.

May need to post this in a different section of the forum, but I do have a question, is the rear cut meant to be an optic cut that needs to be drilled and tapped, or not? i set a Shield SMSC on top of it, and its too long.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome Sam. Glad to have you join us. Is your 1911 new? Or modified by a previous owner? I'm not familiar with the slide cuts. At any rate good luck with it and with all your shooting
Hey guys, I am Sam. just turned 21. Grew up around guns, shot trap and skeet with the local 4H. My dad had a couple 1911s growing up, and most recently an STI 2011. I enjoyed them all a lot, and this week I had the opportunity to add a Bul M5 to my humble collection of guns. It is my first 1911 style gun to own personally, so I am very excited about it. First order of business will be an ambi shielded safety and some more magazines. If it proves reliable at the range I would like to put it in my carry rotation alongside my IWI Masada.

May need to post this in a different section of the forum, but I do have a question, is the rear cut meant to be an optic cut that needs to be drilled and tapped, or not? i set a Shield SMSC on top of it, and its too long.
Welcome Sam. I'm sure someone here will be able to help. Lot's of knowledge in this group.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

Latest posts