dhawk46

Active Fanatic
I'm a lifelong member of the 1911 fan club. Got my first 1911 pistol (Ithica, stamped "U.S.Property") in about 1967. I am now 74 years old, and still carry a 1911 (Colt Officer Model .45) as matter of course. I was able to attend Gunsite in the summer of 1978, and learned from the Master Instructor, himself, Col. Jeff Cooper. .45 ACP has always been my pet caliber, and I don't think that will ever change.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I'm a lifelong member of the 1911 fan club. Got my first 1911 pistol (Ithica, stamped "U.S.Property") in about 1967. I am now 74 years old, and still carry a 1911 (Colt Officer Model .45) as matter of course. I was able to attend Gunsite in the summer of 1978, and learned from the Master Instructor, himself, Col. Jeff Cooper. .45 ACP has always been my pet caliber, and I don't think that will ever change.
Well, you will fit right in here. We're a bunch of true Americans who discuss anything while appreciating the genius design of John Moses Browning's timeless 1911 pistol. Welcome!

PanHandlerFL

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome, and Thank You for bringing and sharing your pool of knowledge! Can't imagine anyone who went to a course like Gunsight with Col. Cooper came out of it less smart.

dhawk46

Active Fanatic
That API 250 class at Gunsite was life changing. Jeff was a great teacher. Not only about effective gun handling, but he shared a wealth of knowledge about life situations and how to evaluate others who you may come into contact with.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

dhawk46

Active Fanatic
Yes! Jeff was a gifted instructor. He was able to quickly move the class to focus and learn from basics to effective gun handling and, within a week, we students became very capable defenders, with confidence to control our immediate environment, always.

dhawk46

Active Fanatic
Agreed. Your pistol is a tool. It is up to the owner to learn how to use it and be comfortable with it. When one NEEDS a pistol, he/she really NEEDS it!. That time of NEED is not a good time to be learning how to shoot. (DVC)

Latest posts