New in town looking to SHOOT!

McGuire

Well-Known Fanatic
Hello Boomers, Im new in town, just got out of the Corps and moved to OKC for work. Im looking for people shooting IDPA or doing any tactical/self defense shooting. Im also looking for anywhere that has 600+ yards to shoot. Im 25 and looking for something to get into. Whats out there?

Mitch Rapp

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to the site! Lots of guys from the OKC area on here, I am sure they will point you the way, but let me take this time to say thanks for your service!

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman

Strokin04

Grits N Gravy
Welcome and check out the OKC gun club. My friend is joining them and is going to their new member orientation December 10th. So they are accepting new members, so fill out the application and send it in.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
If you want 600 yards the best place is to Buddy up with one of the forums long range shooters or a member that has a ranch. The 600 yard range at OKC gun club is a high power range. You can't just go out there and shoot your sniper rifle or AR like I'd like to be able to do. I've been a member for 3-4 years and have only shot it once and I'm pretty sure I wasn't supposed to be out there shooting what I was shooting not because it wasn't safe but because it was against the rules.

McGuire

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks for the advice. Thats what im looking for, I love to shoot for the same reason everyone else does, the people you get to meet doing it.

McGuire

Well-Known Fanatic
Not opposed really, I just really value combat skills over competition, I was a Marine so that kinda takes a more prevalent position in my perspective. In reality, its all a game, like Troy said. But I just want to get out and meet some people and get the chance to shoot. I just dont have a lot of interest in race gun, magnetic holster, jersey wearing type shooting. Nothing against it, it just isnt me.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
no big deal just curious, not everyone that shoots uspsa is like that, i wear t shirts have a M&P with a regular holster... the closest you will find to IDPA (and IMO better than IDPA) is the heartland matches on the first and third sundays of the month... i would start there... PM if you need more details..

jtischauser

I just dont have a lot of interest in race gun, magnetic holster, jersey wearing type shooting. Nothing against it, it just isnt me.

That's what I said 2 years ago when I started then I found out that you can win guns failrly easily playing these games and if you wear one of these funny shirts people give you more guns and other cool stuff for free. 3 Gun is very grass roots and there is a lot of potential out there for good shooters to rise to the top fairly quickly. See you Satruday at the 3 gun match. Bring 100 rounds of .223, 9mm, and 12 gauge 7 1/2's.

McGuire

Well-Known Fanatic
Oh well in that case...SOLD SIR!

Ill be out of town the beginning of Dec. for work, some safety training and policy awareness conference. But ill be back for sure around the 10th or so. Anything after that Im down for. Wheres the best place to find the schedules again?

jtischauser

Oh well in that case...SOLD SIR!

Ill be out of town the beginning of Dec. for work, some safety training and policy awareness conference. But ill be back for sure around the 10th or so. Anything after that Im down for. Wheres the best place to find the schedules again?

Are you going to be ther Satruday? Let me know for sure so i can be sure to have the guns and gear for you to use.

here is the list of all of the matches in Oklahoma and the surrounding areas.

http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9-oklahoma-and-surrounding-area-matches/

Latest posts