New Guy

kamml

Fanatic
When I was a youngster my Dad, an Air Force veteran of WWII kept a 1911 in his bedside table. he had a magazine with a few rounds in it as well in the same drawer. I would sneak back in the bedroom while Mon and Dad were out for one reason or anther and fondle the weapon, cock, point it, you know play with it. Of course I was to scared to ever load it in fear that I would put a hole in the house accidentally. As I got old enough to begin hunting I used long arms since in upstate New York you had to have a permit issued by the sheriff to even keep a pistol in the house. My Dad's war souvenir was strictly off the books. So I never owned pistols till much later in my life now, at 69. I have discovered and bought a Rock 1911 finally. Its good to be on a board dedicated to them.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
while Mon and Dad were out for one reason or anther and fondle the weapon, cock, point it, you know play with it.
Shame on you :eek: but welcome anyway LOL.
my Dad, an Air Force veteran of WWII kept a 1911 in his bedside table.
My Dad, an US Army Veteran of WWII kept a 38 Spl & a 1911 hidden somewhere in the house LOL. But true. It took the Son of a Spy to find the hiding place
for his Guns. The real trick was to find the hiding place for his, Red skin peanut can, & grab a handful.

Weren't we baaad boys ?? :rolleyes:

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
When I was a youngster my Dad, an Air Force veteran of WWII kept a 1911 in his bedside table. he had a magazine with a few rounds in it as well in the same drawer. I would sneak back in the bedroom while Mon and Dad were out for one reason or anther and fondle the weapon, cock, point it, you know play with it. Of course I was to scared to ever load it in fear that I would put a hole in the house accidentally. As I got old enough to begin hunting I used long arms since in upstate New York you had to have a permit issued by the sheriff to even keep a pistol in the house. My Dad's war souvenir was strictly off the books. So I never owned pistols till much later in my life now, at 69. I have discovered and bought a Rock 1911 finally. Its good to be on a board dedicated to them.
Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Glad you lived through your childhood to join and be with us! We were scoundrels too when we were younger but I don't remember "playing" within dads guns but we did take them out and target shoot with them when they were not home once in a while. We were allowed to take them out any time they were around but were not supposed to when they were away. Dad figured out I took moms Chevelle out when I was 14 and ran down the road to my best friends house a couple miles away (we lived in BFE) when they were gone because my dumbass did a one wheel peal in front of the house on our very busy road!! I didn't think dad would know, dad always knew even when I was away from home!!
Glad my brothers and I lived through our childhood also! To be honest growing up around farm equipment and farm animals was way more dangerous stuff than firearms!

Welcome from NW Ohio
B216F013-9AEC-46DE-84CB-CD4CDB2D6E24.jpeg

Last edited:

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome from Montana. My Dad would've beat me azz had I been discovered "playing" with his firearms. We grew up hunting , cleaning and respecting all firearms as loaded. How would Dad have known? I'm uncertain, but trust me he would have known.

Again welcome friend and enjoy the conversation

Latest posts