New guy from central Texas

boothill

New Fanatic
Hi, I live in the Waco, Texas area, Navy Veteran, retired from the Post Office. Like to shoot but can't get out as much as I used to. Taking care of the wife, no more 2 or 3 day overnight hog hunting trips, try to get out Sat or Sun and go shooting at my brother in law's place or the range. I have a S&W M&P 9c and had been looking at one with a longer barrel for a truck gun, but let my former Navy Gunner's Mate buddy talk me into a Rock Island .45, haven't shot a .45 since I got out of the service and even then, once a year qualification, don't shoot yourself or somebody else, don't lose any bullets or parts overboard and hit the ocean, your qualified for another year of Petty Officer of the Watch and Nuclear Security Team. The eyes aren't as good as they used to be and I'm not as steady, but I'm working with what I got, plus I can join these Forums and read and work at getting better plus have something to get my mind off my wife's illness. So, thanks for letting me join

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Hi, I live in the Waco, Texas area, Navy Veteran, retired from the Post Office. Like to shoot but can't get out as much as I used to. Taking care of the wife, no more 2 or 3 day overnight hog hunting trips, try to get out Sat or Sun and go shooting at my brother in law's place or the range. I have a S&W M&P 9c and had been looking at one with a longer barrel for a truck gun, but let my former Navy Gunner's Mate buddy talk me into a Rock Island .45, haven't shot a .45 since I got out of the service and even then, once a year qualification, don't shoot yourself or somebody else, don't lose any bullets or parts overboard and hit the ocean, your qualified for another year of Petty Officer of the Watch and Nuclear Security Team. The eyes aren't as good as they used to be and I'm not as steady, but I'm working with what I got, plus I can join these Forums and read and work at getting better plus have something to get my mind off my wife's illness. So, thanks for letting me join
We are so very happy you've joined us. I'm thinking you'll really enjoy it here. Lot's of really great folks here, and incredible knowledge. I understand the taking care of your wife thing, and I admire you for it. Miss LaDonna has a lot of not great things going on too. It is not always a lot of fun for the the other partner, but it is what you do. Stay aware, stay armed, and stay safe. From West Michigan.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome Boothill. A lot of Knowledge here on the 1911 Forum, even me as an old timer learns something new everytime I read it. I think I can say the vast majority of us here are hard core Patriots. God Bless America & God Bless Texas.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome to the party Pal.

A ship of Ol Farts having fun everyday.

angry farts GIF
fart GIF