New from Washington

SSmith_208

Fanatic
Hey all,

Just waiting on my first 1911 to clear my background check. Couple more days then I can take home my Dan Wesson Valkyrie in 9mm. I've been looking to get that gun for a couple years now. I have plenty of other non-1911 handguns but I'm very excited to join the 1911 ranks.

Sam

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Hey Sam - Welcome to the 1911 fanatic family!
I'm excited for you - I just recently spent some time hiking up in Washington - LOVELY state for sure!

SSmith_208

Fanatic
That's a lot of sky there. We have those pesky tress and mountains in the way. Great photo. Thanks for the welcome.

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic
SSmith it's hard to see in this pic but there are mountains at the end of this road. You might have to squint, they're about 400 miles due west.

6936F1EA-0CA2-4491-9171-EE0BCB32076D.jpeg

SSmith_208

Fanatic
Wow, that's incredibly flat. I think I do see the mountain there. :). The new Valkyrie has made it's way home. Gave it a bath and re-oiled it last night. Off to the range at lunch time to shoot it for the first time.

SSmith_208

Fanatic
I ended up putting 100 rounds through the gun last night at the range. No hiccups at all. I'm very pleased with it. The slide has no wiggle at all and slides perfect. Trigger is outstanding. When I can get better at shooting it, I believe the sights are right on. I'm no pro by any stretch, but I was able to get 8 rounds in a 4" circle repeatedly shooting fairly quickly at 10 yards. I have a lot of work ahead to become a better shooter but I'm looking forward to it very much.

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic
I ended up putting 100 rounds through the gun last night at the range. No hiccups at all. I'm very pleased with it. The slide has no wiggle at all and slides perfect. Trigger is outstanding. When I can get better at shooting it, I believe the sights are right on. I'm no pro by any stretch, but I was able to get 8 rounds in a 4" circle repeatedly shooting fairly quickly at 10 yards. I have a lot of work ahead to become a better shooter but I'm looking forward to it very much.
Sounds great! Nothing wrong with 8 rounds in a four inch circle at 30 feet.