New Fanatic here

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Congrats on your first purchase! They are amazing pieces, and watchout on your wallet, spending time with fanatics has been proven to be hazardous for your wallet!

Nightwatchman

Fanatic
What issues are you having?
what model did you buy?
New or used?

We may be able to help, if you let us
Bought a Dan Wesson Pointman 7 45. Brand new out of the box it won't chamber ammo. Never been shot. Filled out a warranty claim at Dan Wesson online. Still have yet to hear back from them.

Nightwatchman

Fanatic
Well, that is a new one. Most all manufacturers are slammed busy right now. When did you contact them?
Around last Tuesday I emailed them. Then Saturday I realized there was an actual warranty form to fill out. So I did that then. Now since then I've had no contact from them. I did receive some FedEx RMA email to be printed. Says it's from Kansas City and it's insured for $400 and 9lbs. Doesnt say who it's from or what business it's being shipped to. I don't want to Send a firearm through the mail not knowing it's destination

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
All DW warranty work being performed by CZ in Kansas City, since DW in new york is shut due to covid. DW has a real shiotshow going on right now. Best of luck to you. Don't discount the 1911 due to a bad apple from DW. They seem to be having an especially difficult time

Nightwatchman

Fanatic
All DW warranty work being performed by CZ in Kansas City, since DW in new york is shut due to covid. DW has a real shiotshow going on right now. Best of luck to you. Don't discount the 1911 due to a bad apple from DW. They seem to be having an especially difficult time
So it seems like this RMA is indeed for DW. But I have no official correspondence from them, nor do I have any indication from FedEx that it is indeed going there. $400 seems like a small amount of insurance for a $1425msrp firearm. Oh well. Can anyone confirm the address in Kansas City that DW resides? If it matches my RMA paperwork I guess I'll send it.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
I understand your being hesitant to send it out. Agree that $400 seems under-insured. That might be the value DW puts on it to cover a new one on their end?
I haven't got the CZ-USA address handy but if you google it and it matches your RMA, you're all set.

I wouldn't be happy were I you, but if you have access to a good 1911 'smith, have them check the chamber for spec. It might just need a barrel reamer turn or two, if its a bit tight. I hate when a new purchase turns out bad, always sours me on that purchase and I wouldn't enjoy spending even more money. Also there's the warranty to consider

Nightwatchman

Fanatic
I understand your being hesitant to send it out. Agree that $400 seems under-insured. That might be the value DW puts on it to cover a new one on their end?
I haven't got the CZ-USA address handy but if you google it and it matches your RMA, you're all set.

I wouldn't be happy were I you, but if you have access to a good 1911 'smith, have them check the chamber for spec. It might just need a barrel reamer turn or two, if its a bit tight. I hate when a new purchase turns out bad, always sours me on that purchase and I wouldn't enjoy spending even more money. Also there's the warranty to consider
I posted more details here

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
First, welcome to the 1911 site. Greetings from S.E. Mi.
Lots of knowledgeably people and experience is available to you here.
Don't know your area, but if you know any 1911 shooters in your area,
you could ask around for a local gunsmith that knows 1911's to take a look @ yours
& offer their opinion on what is causing your problem. My gunsmith does that all the time,
& to my knowledge, has never charged for his evaluation.

Nightwatchman

Fanatic
First, welcome to the 1911 site. Greetings from S.E. Mi.
Lots of knowledgeably people and experience is available to you here.
Don't know your area, but if you know any 1911 shooters in your area,
you could ask around for a local gunsmith that knows 1911's to take a look @ yours
& offer their opinion on what is causing your problem. My gunsmith does that all the time,
& to my knowledge, has never charged for his evaluation.
I'm in Southern California and do not know any smiths. I am about to send the pistol to CZ-USA for their warranty repair. Still no word from DW, but from what I've read I don't really want to deal with their CS. At least they're taking care of it.