New fan

007Hammer

New Fanatic
Have a few toys, not looking for a carry firearm, looking for a 1911 for home defense and plinking. Local and respected Gunsmith recommended in the order; Springfield Loaded Target, Colt Gold Cup Trophy, Colt Competition SS. I obviously want 9mm all SS full size.
This will be my first 1911 if/when I can find one.
Local shops are not taking orders for any of them say out could be a year to get it.
That’s my story, that’s why I joined.
FYI I live in the St Louis area.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Have a few toys, not looking for a carry firearm, looking for a 1911 for home defense and plinking. Local and respected Gunsmith recommended in the order; Springfield Loaded Target, Colt Gold Cup Trophy, Colt Competition SS. I obviously want 9mm all SS full size.
Local shops are not taking orders for any of them say out could be a year to get it.
Welcome to the forum from eastern NC. For 1911 info, you're at the right place. There is a group of knowledgeable and helpful people here.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

007Hammer

New Fanatic
Thanks, been going to 4 local gun shops, no SS in any model just lots of plastic semi’s. 3 of them checked with their distributor and none available.

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of Kalifornia (Northern)
You're in the right place. If you look around the gun dealers web sites and put your name on the "Notify" lists one will come available before you know it. I recently got a Springer SS TRP and several other guns before they were available in the LGS's. Cover all the 1911's and one will pop up to send to your FFL. Just put a copy of his license on file with the dealers of your choice. Bud's Classic Arms, Palmetto, Sportsman's, etc. the list goes on & on. Good Luck!

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
welcome to the forum, the right one will eventually present, till then, go Cards

007Hammer

New Fanatic
Thanks, been looking, not in a hurry but it is frustrating once ya set your mind on something and have no results. I hate when folks try to rip ya off and make an ungodly profit of you.

Latest posts