New around here

Blueliner

Fanatic
Hello,

I am new to 1911's. My wife and I each have several polymer pistols (XD's, Desert Eagle MR9, M&P's, SR22, etc). We have a (pretty basic) pistol/rifle range set up on our property...my wife claims she has a pistol addiction so we like to shoot when we can find the time.

We both shot my brother-in-law's Springfield 1911 45ACP a while ago and we're surprised to find that we both shot it better than anything we own. So I just had to have one!

I found this forum while looking for general information 1911's and on various models that I was interested in as my first 1911. I found a lot of useful info and decided to join...thank you!

BL

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Hello,

I am new to 1911's. My wife and I each have several polymer pistols (XD's, Desert Eagle MR9, M&P's, SR22, etc). We have a (pretty basic) pistol/rifle range set up on our property...my wife claims she has a pistol addiction so we like to shoot when we can find the time.

We both shot my brother-in-law's Springfield 1911 45ACP a while ago and we're surprised to find that we both shot it better than anything we own. So I just had to have one!

I found this forum while looking for general information 1911's and on various models that I was interested in as my first 1911. I found a lot of useful info and decided to join...thank you!

BL
Welcome. I hope you enjoy the forum. There's a great group of people here.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Hello & welcome to the best most free speech 1911 forum out there. I know ;)

So come on in & take a place by the fire & just speak freely it's still America..
Mel Gibson America GIF

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome, its a great with good members and a tolerant owner :)

Man, buying your first. Wish I could make that journey again. You looking for plain and simple A1 style or semi-custom, or full blown "I already know I have issues" full custom?

Blueliner

Fanatic
Welcome, its a great with good members and a tolerant owner :)

Man, buying your first. Wish I could make that journey again. You looking for plain and simple A1 style or semi-custom, or full blown "I already know I have issues" full custom?

Hello,

Probably a middle of the road 1911 and possibly a commander. Been thinking Colt or Magnum Research (the MR9 has been great and their CS is the same).

However, I have a line on a Fusion Freedom Reaction and Fusion Freedom Riptide for what seems decent prices. May take the plunge....

Hate to admit it but likely will be 9mm since we have so much brass and are set for reloads. Ammo is just too expensive and tough to get around here (rural MN); and I want to shoot whatever I end up with.

Best wishes,
BL

Latest posts