Need to get my windows tinted

imacgyver

Founding Member
Where do you guys recommend I take my vehicle to get the windows tinted?

I live in the Norman area and would prefer to keep it local. If they are open on the weekend, that would work really nice for me. Also anyone have a hook up - let me know.

taymoor

Skilled Lover
Best buy did a GREAT job on my Xterra. They even did a ceramic film on the front windshield that did wonders for the interior temp. However, for my little Tayota I'm doing it myself. Don't you like to do things yourself?

Chris_Andersen

Certified
Best Buy has done about $2000 worth of damage to vehicles I have had there for various stuff over the years. Taymoor, you may have dodged a bullet.

Biggsly

Well-Known Fanatic
The last couple I have done, I done myself. I just went to a tint shop to buy the tint. I am not sure who tented my pickup windows "done when I bought it", but it is coming off. I am going to have to do it. I am just waiting for it to cool down.

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
I've had good luck with Don Evans Legal window tint. And they will tint darker than legal.
Now that I live here in Pryor, I use Auto Definitions in Claremore. He did a great job on my wife's ride. I supplied the ceramic tint but he said he could have ordered it too. IMO, ceramic is the way to go.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Whatever you do. Don't go to Joe Cooper. They did my wifes car and cut around the third brake light, it looks like arse.

imacgyver

Founding Member
Thanks guys - I'll make some calls to these places

Last time I did my Nissan - It cost me about $85 - but I don't know what tint - I want something very dark cuz I am loaner.

Ha ha

- What's a good price - It's a 4 door truck (Honda Ridgeline)

crash217

Well-Known Fanatic
Use some of the perforated drawer liner material, lay it on the window and spray paint it. Fast, cheap and sorta legal.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Malibu's in Moore have done a good job for me. They even stood behind their lifetime warranty after about 5 years. But I haven't been there in awhile so I don't know about their current selection.

I'd like to hear about this space age ceramic tint too...

imacgyver

Founding Member
Pro Shield = 129 = 4 door truck
Dark = 30 Über Dark = 40

Altemere
159 - 169 + Tax

Extreme Auto
169 + Tax

That is the same - Oh boys

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
Dude those WASR guys put a honda ridgeline into a wood chipper!

Attachments

• honda-killing-ridgeline.jpg
    honda-killing-ridgeline.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 34

Latest posts