My New Plinker

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
Thought I'd share about my new purchase and a shout out for a couple of sponsors.
Picked up a new GSG 1911 .22lr pistol from Tommy and the guys at Sooner State Pawn.

Sent Tommy a PM to ask if he had one, he answered right back and told me he would have a couple in the next Friday.
Called the store on that Friday afternoon and he had just received them and hadn't even logged them in yet. Off I went.

Sooner State Pawn's pricing was very good on the gun. Good guys to do business with.

That same day when I got back home I went online and did a google search for some extra magazines.
Joe Bob Outfitters popped up with pricing right in there with any of the others, so I ordered 4. Placed order Friday afternoon and had them in the mailbox on Monday. Great fast service, BS discount,and a free t-shirt to boot.

What a fun gun to shoot! On my maiden trip to the range I ran 350 rounds through it with a mix of 100 CCI minimags and 250 Federal Bulk.

I had one Fail To Fire out of 350 rounds, checked the round, it had a good strike on it, so I put in back in the mag and it went bang the second time. I suspect it was the round, not the gun.

Gotta say I'm lovin this new gun. Feels great in the hand and has good weight to it even though the slide is made with cheap metals. Magazines are metal and are actually heavier than my .45 1911 mags.

Comes with a threaded barrel, one 10 round magazine, and 3 different front sights of different heights. I put the middle height sight on it for me. Rear sight is drift adjustable for windage.

I saw online that Dawson Precision is making fiber optic front sights for this little guy too.
GSG Fiber Optic Sight

Another website makes a guide rod to replace the factory one, which some reviews talk about the factory one breaking.
Guide Rod

I've also seen some youtube videos where people have changed out the safety, grips, and main spring housing using standard 1911 parts, and also making compensators for it.
GSG w/ Compensator

The only con for me is the safety, it is squared and has a sharp corner and can poke into you as it is released, it would be better if it was rounded.

Glad I was able to support Sooner State Pawn and Joe Bob's, now time to enjoy it!

Here's a couple of pics of my new plinker and my target shot at 10 yards:
pre_1330139300__gsg_1911_01.jpg

pre_1330139487__gsg_1911_02.jpg

pre_1330139532__gsg_target.jpg

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
I like it! I've been planning to get a .22 1911, but haven't decided on one yet. I'd like to fondle one of the Rock Island .22's before I make a decision, but your thread is making me drool......

Latest posts