My little 1911 family

philmo11

Well-Known Fanatic
Pic as of a few days ago. I split it in two so they are easier to see. Some Colt, Dan Wesson, Kimber, Springfield and MetroArms.
E4B4CBE4-B591-4033-A547-350DCFD6620A.jpeg
9CA6763B-1015-4C41-8008-DE54D8E0CC95.jpeg

Here is the full pic

Top down column 1
Colt Competition in 45
Dan Wesson Pointman Seven in 45
Pair of heavily customized Kimber Stainless II's in 10mm and 45

Column 2
Pair of Springfield Loadeds in 45
Pair of MetroArms American Classic II's in 45

Column 3
Pair of Kimber Rapides in 9mm (1 Dawn and 1 Black Ice)
Pair of Springfield Garrisons, 9mm and 45

Last Column
Pair of Kimber Stainless Raptor II's in 10mm and 45
Pair of MetroArms American Classic II's in 9mm and 10mm
C2E4D4E7-AAD0-4207-87EF-4990B45B5794.jpeg

I added a 3rd Kimber Stainless Raptor II in 9mm a couple days ago that didn't make the pic, so I have the 9mm, 10mm and the 45 now.
C073E74B-FA75-45E8-8225-AB324576768A.jpeg

Collection is ever changing. I have 6 I sent to the auction house, any of which could come back if they don't raise enough.

Last edited:

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
Pic as of a few days ago. I split it in two so they are easier to see. Some Colt, Dan Wesson, Kimber, Springfield and MetroArms.
View attachment 27726
View attachment 27727

Here is the full pic

Top down column 1
Colt Competition in 45

Column 2

Column 3

Last Column
View attachment 27728

I added a 3rd Kimber Stainless Raptor II in 9mm a couple days ago that didn't make the pic, so I have the 9mm, 10mm and the 45 now.
View attachment 27729

Collection is ever changing. I have 6 I sent to the auction house, any of which could come back if they don't raise enough.
Very nice collection, only one thought comes to mind. Honey, I'm going to the next Gun Show on the hunt.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, not near the collection as the OP, but here is my contribution. Cleaning day, out of the safe.View attachment 28512
Incredible! My two favorites would be the GI guns. I love the wide spur hammers, the little thumb safeties, and the arched m/s with the lanyard loops. They are all beautiful! Ooops, I almost missed the 1911WW1 gun. Very impressive collection sir.

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Please inquiring minds must know. :D
Betsey born in 1917, she found me in 69 & never left.

View attachment 28518
Ok, it came to me from a friend, who has since passed. It was carried in WWII by his wife's uncle, an Army Sgt., assigned as one of Ike's drivers. After he came back from the war, it kicked around on the family farm, shot< I'm sure by all of the relatives. He passed, and years later an auction was held, to dispose of his estate. My friend and his wife headed up to the auction to rescue a few items, that old Colt being chief among them. I ended up with it, as a box of parts, as it was disassembled for some reason or another. I reassembled it and took it out to the range the same day. Shot like new. It has seen a LOT of wear, but all of the gun was in the box. it isn't anywhere near as nice looking as the one you have, but it's an original from WWI, and WWII, the original brown holster wes with it as well, and I don't predict it will ever leave my family, as I have 21 Grandkids that can argue over it when I'm gone. Thats the cliff notes version.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok, it came to me from a friend, who has since passed. It was carried in WWII by his wife's uncle, an Army Sgt., assigned as one of Ike's drivers. After he came back from the war, it kicked around on the family farm, shot< I'm sure by all of the relatives. He passed, and years later an auction was held, to dispose of his estate. My friend and his wife headed up to the auction to rescue a few items, that old Colt being chief among them. I ended up with it, as a box of parts, as it was disassembled for some reason or another. I reassembled it and took it out to the range the same day. Shot like new. It has seen a LOT of wear, but all of the gun was in the box. it isn't anywhere near as nice looking as the one you have, but it's an original from WWI, and WWII, the original brown holster wes with it as well, and I don't predict it will ever leave my family, as I have 21 Grandkids that can argue over it when I'm gone. Thats the cliff notes version.
Great to hear the back story. I'm happy you ended up with it, you've given her a great home.

frankiestoys

Fanatic
View attachment 27726
View attachment 27727

Here is the full pic

Top down column 1
Colt Competition in 45

Column 2

Column 3

Last Column
View attachment 27728

View attachment 27729

I thought I had an addiction…

philmo11

Well-Known Fanatic
Tried a group photo, can't really see anything cause I'm so far away. So, I broke them up into smaller groups.

The Kimbers
5CCD5847-50FF-46F9-9882-CB0EB3333B56.jpeg

The Springfield Armory
9550A9B1-8247-412D-93FD-778860B0ACC7.jpeg

Then there's that band, Dan Wesson and the Holy Smokers (American Classics)
F9ABC7FE-7084-43BF-AEA7-6BF4DF2EE220.jpeg

So, The brands I have bought and sold off this year, Colt and S&W. Both ran fine but in my opinion, both could have had better slide to frame fitment. Rock Island Armory, only sold because it was parkerized.

What I would like more of…

I listed 4 of the above for sale (all duplicates) so I could trade up to another Dan Wesson or two. Possibly a Razorback in 10mm and maybe a Pointman in 45 or a Pointman Nine in 9mm. I'd even be alright with a Herritage if I could find one. Dan Wesson makes an exceptional 1911.

Possibly a Springfield MilSpec. I don't have a GI model.

Possibly try an RIA Stainless. That debuted this year. It just peaked my interest. Not a big fan of cast frames so I'll have to investigate what it has. Every 1911 I have has a forged frame and slide.

Latest posts