Microtech. I had to order one.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I've been eyeing these knives for a while. I finally ordered one. They have a great reputation for being built very well. Do any of you guys own one? What do you fellas know about them? This is the one I ordered.

1629133708791.png

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Never tried one, not really my style but was alway curious. Wish I had a shop around that carried some of this kind of stuff.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
That outa be a very high quality piece @CECannonJr

I"m not sure about Benchmades @Mike A1 Lately they've been getting a bad reputation. I'm not sure what all was done....or not done to earn the reputation. They've been accused of being anti-2A.
When they worked with the local Oregon city police dept to cut up confiscated firearms in their plant I was done with them and sold or gave away every single BM I had and I had some really nice and rare ones! Won't ever buy another one but that's just me.
Free country and do as you want.
Heres an article about it.

Police post that started it!

B17D711D-D1B0-4579-860D-6A49C0B50ED2.jpeg
Oh and as people were investigating that incident it was discovered the owner donates to Democrats…..a lot!!

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
When they worked with the local Oregon city police dept to cut up confiscated firearms in their plant I was done with them and sold or gave away every single BM I had and I had some really nice and rare ones! Won't ever buy another one but that's just me.

View attachment 8492
Oh and as people were investigating that incident it was discovered the owner donates to Democrats…..a lot!!
Well, that settles that. I won't even bother to look at anything they make. To hell with them.

Dub

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

View attachment 8492

Thanks for the link.

I feel betrayed by such a company….glad I don't own any of their gear.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

View attachment 8492
Damn shame my old BM knives are really made well.
I will see if Microtechknives.com gives tours

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Benchmade lost me or life also. Had an OTF auto that I literally gave away in a trade deal. I also received it that way, in a trade.

Will research the microtech CECannonjr, looks interesting to me. I found and still have what we called a switchblade as kids. A gerber covert auto. USA made design by Applegate & Fairbairn. I don't know anything about it other than than. Seems well made and has a very strong action. But the out the side action is not handy, for me. Always feel compelled to look and make certain its oriented the correct way. I have a few flippers for EDC that seem as fast once I ensure the covert auto is positioned correctly

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
found a dealer up in Kalispell, just shy of 100miles, one way. After a call to confirm availability and price, just may make the trip. Thanks guys for feeding yet another way or me to spend my limited funds!

Dub

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Seems to be harder to find...but I like folding/locking knives with a decent sized guard on them.

An auto would be the ticket.

For an everyday carry useful knife I've had a Spyderco (don't remember the model). It's lightweight, holds a nice edge & can be opened easily with one hand....and the clip is easy to manipulate.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
found a dealer up in Kalispell, just shy of 100miles, one way. After a call to confirm availability and price, just may make the trip. Thanks guys for feeding yet another way or me to spend my limited funds!
I guess I'm the guilty party. I apologize :eek: but I'm looking forward to the pictures of your new knife. ☺

Latest posts