Memorial Day.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I have never said Happy in regards to Memorial day, nothing happy for me to remember .
Once again we will raise our glass to those who did not come back home, & remember why we are Free & still alive.

istockphoto-519158986-612x612.jpg

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Memorial day is not a happy occasion. It is a solemn time to reflect and be thankful for the Americans who have died so that we could live the lives we have lived up to this point.

This year is somewhat different though. We are in a spiritual war and our country is under attack from outside forces as well as strong and evil forces on the inside. There has never been a time in history like the present. We have a responsibility to God and all those we honor at this time. So far, we are not living up to our responsibility and I have no idea what could possibly change that.

God bless America and every single soldier who ever died fighting for the Christian ideals this nation was founded upon.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Memorial day is not a happy occasion. It is a solemn time to reflect and be thankful for the Americans who have died so that we could live the lives we have lived up to this point.

This year is somewhat different though. We are in a spiritual war and our country is under attack from outside forces as well as strong and evil forces on the inside. There has never been a time in history like the present. We have a responsibility to God and all those we honor at this time. So far, we are not living up to our responsibility and I have no idea what could possibly change that.

God bless America and every single soldier who ever died fighting for the Christian ideals this nation was founded upon.

Thank you CE. Thank you ever fallen hero in every war since this wonderful country has been a country. I'd also like to thank every person who came home, but didn't really come home. I believe in many ways that may be worse than death. So very many are shunned, and otherwise mistreated, by those who they fought for. They all did the job so we didn't have to.

Many of us here grew up in the 60' and 70's. We got handed a war we did not want, and did not ask for. Still many went, many died, and many came home forever changed. I thank each and everyone who gave their all. May God give them all eternal rest in peace.

dennishoddy

As has been said before, Memorial day in our home is not one to be celebrated, but used to remember our men and women that have lost their lives in their service to our country.
I worked with our local VFW which I'm a member of to put flags on all the Veterans graves in the local cemetery Saturday morning. Then traveled to Tonkawa where Brother in law is buried to put a flag on his grave.
He was killed at Tan Son Nhut Air Base by small arms fire in 1969 while he was performing security duty. I left for my tour two weeks after his return.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
As Americans pause today and remember United States service members who have died in combat theaters around the world over the last 247 years, it's important to remember how this started.

In 1774 the rebellion against English tyranny was hitting full steam in the colonies -- a full year before the Revolutionary War would actually begin -- as all of American's parliamentary communications with the King were ignored.

Fearing that the rebellion would turn into an all-out war, King George III did what tyrants have been doing since the beginning of time, they tried to disarm the citizen population!

On September 1st, 1774, British Major General Thomas Gage seized control of the public gunpowder stores in the city of Boston before immediately moving on to confiscate privately owned firearms, ammunition, and gunpowder next.

E2kRwPkPNliiOsUoXEPRBLv4w0wga0XonKHzSiYkq0uotMiIngcL0BefWghjPs6nPS4UfOikLqbL37MfRqOkHKtJVQPy5gBh0zgHO2D3l8T6HOLZUjRTnaDa8CIlHgsD5FHbENKNbHr1fXA1KuS2ywY=s0-d-e1-ft
(British General Thomas Gage, the first tyrant who tried to disarm the American people. He failed. Big time.)

On October 19, 1774, King George III issued orders banning the import of any further firearms or ammunition into the Colonies.

On April 18, 1775, British General Gage issued orders for his troops to 'seize and destroy all artillery, ammunition, provisions, tents, small arms, and all military stores whatever." (Emphasis added.)

That night, hundreds of troops marched from Boston, MA to Concord, MA to carry out Gage's orders. Their goal was to seize all firearms, ammunition, and gunpowder in the city and leave the citizens of Concord helpless against British tyranny.

As we all know, Paul Revere and William Dawes rode all night to get ahead of the British troops to warn gun owners in Lexington and Concord about the approaching troops.

Hearing that gun control was imminent and knowing that further negotiation was pointless (and knowing the horrors that would await their families if they were powerless to defend themselves) these brave Americans did the only thing they could do -– they attacked the British troops!

Instead of running rough shod over a group of scared farmers and shopkeepers, 73 of America's original gun-grabbers died on the spot, 174 crawled away wounded, with 26 more missing and presumed dead.

V_HpWy8_eL3HsRW9ygVclO0Ztp_tsYaNU1oBKIoup65rOc7uMF6vzziFS29sqB_RMlTG2yfy3-Ocgm56PKHi3qB-dSO6hvNaWetj-IVYmHhaPXwMWYhDRpDHa83Jytfq_i8ECXvL5yej3lSqb7gFbCc=s0-d-e1-ft
(American patriots, fighting back against British troops, at the North Bridge, in Concord, Massachusetts on April 19, 1775.)

Over the next eight years, 24,000 Americans died from combat or disease ripping our young country from the hands of a power- hungry tyrant in England and ensuring the freedoms that we enjoy today.

But it came to a head on April 19, 1775.

That was the first time that Americans sent a message to the entire world that we will NEVER be disarmed and that we will ALWAYS stand up against tyranny for the sake of our children and grandchildren.

And that is a fight that is continuing today.

These days the tyrants that want to disarm and subjugate us aren't on another continent. They are in the White House, in Congress, and in state legislatures around this great country.

And they are growing bolder by the day, determined to register and eventually confiscate our privately owned firearms -- just like King George III tried to do hundreds of years ago.

As a member of the North Carolina Firearms Coalition, you have committed yourself to joining us in our great struggle to defend our Second Amendment from all her enemies, to ensure that freedom's light doesn't go out on our watch.

For that, I could never possibly thank you enough.

We often talk about preserving our Second Amendment freedoms for future generations, and we are doing that every single day.

But we also have a debt of honor to the American soldiers who stood their ground in Concord and Lexington 247 years ago in defiance of tyranny.

They paid the price for our freedoms, and we owe it to them to never let that freedom be extinguished in this great country.

And I don't know about you, but I can't think of a better way to honor their memories.

For Freedom,
QLDFQSpE6sJJID7lux4M3RcKZyHTqS9lhn9KG71z87oclTtmYSv9aan4XVpEkg73-Y6fnaqMonsca-zH_Yd-N16IG_gFvMV5uaVRz_y0tAMM_cctQL6e42AzIWIUerFillzYdqK_R5td1Eit50iW5m9bPp9v=s0-d-e1-ft

Chris Dorr, Director
North Carolina Firearms Coalition

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
As has been said before, Memorial day in our home is not one to be celebrated, but used to remember our men and women that have lost their lives in their service to our country.
I worked with our local VFW which I'm a member of to put flags on all the Veterans graves in the local cemetery Saturday morning. Then traveled to Tonkawa where Brother in law is buried to put a flag on his grave.
He was killed at Tan Son Nhut Air Base by small arms fire in 1969 while he was performing security duty. I left for my tour two weeks after his return.
So sorry for your loss, and thank you, and everyone else who has ever served. I will never be able to comprehend what those who serve, or have served have felt during their tour. I just know I am forever grateful to everyone who has died for, or has served this great country. God Bless you all, and may those who died for us Rest In Peace. Thank you all.

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
Heartfelt condolences for you and the loss of your son. From another, AF Tan Son Nhut vet.