Little gifts are awesome!

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Well went over to a great friends house this evening to figure out a recoil pad for the CZ and after we got that ordered he says oh ya I about forgot, I made ya something for your Dillon ??? so I ask what it could be and he handed this me this aluminum tube with numbers and lines on it.

003-6.jpg

Can ya figure out what it's for? Later,

Kirk

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I want one! I've been thinking of making one of these from hardware.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
you need a wrench to turn yours?
I adjust mine pretty easily by hand

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah I can turn it by hand but I just find the wrench easier to get good adjustments and this little tool is just cool plus a good friend gave it to me so it makes it even cooler. I've not sit down to figure out what each graduation equates to but I will I"m sure here soon. Later,

Kirk

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Yeah, I agree it's cool.
Keep in mind, the marks will equate to a diferent grn amount depending on which powder you're using at the time

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Yipper your correct there! every adjustment requires a check of weight that's a given unless ya wanna blow something up :eek: the hash marks are just good for a reference like about any other type of adjustment tool, even on lathes I use an indicator to verify as if you go off those numbers on the dial most times your not where you think. Later,

Kirk

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Re: the lathe, the feed dial increments relate to turning down the overall diameter. So, one thou in= two thou off the piece. You cut two sides at once. Usually. I've never tried using the angled crossfeed to take off 0.00001" or finer. That seems like fun.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Dude if you can cut .00001 your my hero! yeah I remember when I first started using a lathe and undersizing stuff and scratching my head, I don't get to run a lathe near like I used too but if the planets stay lined up I might have one in my garage in the next year as it would be nice to start doing some rifle work from home and I have a damn good teacher willing to help. I so need to find a cheaper hobby!

Got to use the little tool earlier as well it was raining and I had a bunch of bullets, brass, primers, and powder just sitting around and while I could turn the bolt by hand it was much easier to use this tool. Later,

Kirk