Lefty Loosy, Righty Tighty...

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
So, I am on patrol tonight, we see a stranded motorist. My partner pulls in, hits the rear lights, and we get out. It is a couple with a flat tire. We light up the area while he keeps on trying to jack the car up. I notice he is not consistent with the direction he is trying to turn the jack, something seems amiss. The jack is almost fully extended, and the rim is still on the ground...

Yup, he jacked up his fender, not the frame... So, I realign the jack, he gets it started, and for 10 mins, he fights with it, and the jack falls over. So, we are now radioing if anyone has a jack, and nobody does.

At this point, I am wondering what Barney Fife would do... This poor couple has gone through 2 jacks, and the poor dude is out in a t-shirt in 39 degree weather. So, my partner digs around and finds a nice little hydrolic jack in the trunk... 2 mins later, I have the car jacked up. Dude was sometimes trying to get the lugs of by tightening them. So, my partner tells him Righty tighty, Lefty loosey...

They got on their way, we did too.

Now I understand why my Dad went out of his way to teach me how to change a flat tire...

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
So, I am on patrol tonight, we see a stranded motorist. My partner pulls in, hits the rear lights, and we get out. It is a couple with a flat tire. We light up the area while he keeps on trying to jack the car up. I notice he is not consistent with the direction he is trying to turn the jack, something seems amiss. The jack is almost fully extended, and the rim is still on the ground...

Yup, he jacked up his fender, not the frame... So, I realign the jack, he gets it started, and for 10 mins, he fights with it, and the jack falls over. So, we are now radioing if anyone has a jack, and nobody does.

At this point, I am wondering what Barney Fife would do... This poor couple has gone through 2 jacks, and the poor dude is out in a t-shirt in 39 degree weather. So, my partner digs around and finds a nice little hydrolic jack in the trunk... 2 mins later, I have the car jacked up. Dude was sometimes trying to get the lugs of by tightening them. So, my partner tells him Righty tighty, Lefty loosey...

They got on their way, we did too.

Now I understand why my Dad went out of his way to teach me how to change a flat tire...
God Bless you both for helping those folks.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
God Bless you both for helping those folks.
Community policing. Not perfect, but it works pretty well most times. My partner knows most everyone in the parish, and his ticket book is so old it comes with a hammer and a chisel. :cool: We get some crazy, but overall, it is nice to be able to play cop in Mayberry.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
keep your Bullet. aka. Round in your pocket LOL.

They give us a pretty good bit of latitude as far as where we keep our bullet. :cool: Since backup can be 40 mins away...

Attachments

• IMG_E2377[1].JPG
    IMG_E2377[1].JPG
    3 MB · Views: 4