JM Pro spring cleaning

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
cajunautoxer said:
So my Pro is close to 3k rounds through it. I was wondering what should I replace as far as springs? I'm planning to let a LEO friend use it till he can afford something for himself

Sorry, but I instantly thought of some sarcastic comment about a JM Pro with 3000 rounds through it but I will refrain from posting it

Carry on. LOL

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Nothing wrong with a shotgun going 3k. You might want to check out some upgrades from OR3gun, if you haven't already.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
Sorry, but I instantly thought of some sarcastic comment about a JM Pro with 3000 rounds though it but I will refrain from posting it

Carry on. LOL
I guess i got that one in a million

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

AKjosh12

Well-Known Fanatic
I agree with Wall, the OR3GUN upgrades are pretty handy.I put their race kit in mine and it runs like a champ. Had a lot of people that really enjoyed the shotgun. Also had multiple offers from people at the shoots to buy it. I eventually sold it this year, but was definitely a great shotgun.

As said by a couple people in here file/round the shell catch and file off the sharp edge on the recoil spring in the stock and the JM Pro runs pretty amazing.

AKjosh12

Well-Known Fanatic
I forgot to ask is it having cycling problems or are you changing springs due to the round count? Factory springs from mossberg seem to work well. They’re not overly stiff which helps for the quad and dual loads but still has enough push for reliable cycling (tube spring). Send a pic of your shotty it’s always fun to see someone’s baby.

OR3GUN

Sponsor
At 3000 rounds you should do a basic LFS (Look for Stuff) while you do a deep clean.

Look closely at your magazine tube under the gas system for any scoring or wear that may lead to gas leaking. The secondary gas system is usually the culprit if you find any damage. If there is damage, contact us and we can walk you through the fix.

Disassemble the recoil system and check for any wear damage to the plunger. They like to get eaten by any unaddressed spring burrs. If your factory is damaged, fix the spring burr and upgrade the original.

Magazine spring should be replaced if not already done recently. Check for any cracks in the polymer forearm retainer (or replace with ours) and pinch the pusher assembly together at the rods to check for a crack in the pusher plastic.

Remove the shell stop assembly, check the pins for wear and clean any build-up out from between it and the receiver.

Remove the bolt/slide/link assembly and check the pins for wear and parts combinations for lateral play.

If all else looks good, give the chamber a polish, detail clean your gas ports, remove the rings from the piston and detail clean all carbon from everything, put it back together, lube the bolt/slide/link and run it.

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
OR3GUN said:
At 3000 rounds you should do a basic LFS (Look for Stuff) while you do a deep clean.

Look closely at your magazine tube under the gas system for any scoring or wear that may lead to gas leaking. The secondary gas system is usually the culprit if you find any damage. If there is damage, contact us and we can walk you through the fix.

Disassemble the recoil system and check for any wear damage to the plunger. They like to get eaten by any unaddressed spring burrs. If your factory is damaged, fix the spring burr and upgrade the original.

Magazine spring should be replaced if not already done recently. Check for any cracks in the polymer forearm retainer (or replace with ours) and pinch the pusher assembly together at the rods to check for a crack in the pusher plastic.

Remove the shell stop assembly, check the pins for wear and clean any build-up out from between it and the receiver.

Remove the bolt/slide/link assembly and check the pins for wear and parts combinations for lateral play.

If all else looks good, give the chamber a polish, detail clean your gas ports, remove the rings from the piston and detail clean all carbon from everything, put it back together, lube the bolt/slide/link and run it.

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com
Thanks William. Good stuff

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts