Is Tisas a good 1911 option?

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
So, SDS ended up replacing both the barrel and the slide. This slide fits the frame acceptably.

Now, I need to find some good sights for it. It's a dovetail.
Here's where I need some help. Are all 1911 dovetail sights the same size?
I'm not absolutely sure, but I don't think they are. I know someone here will have the absolute answer you need. I hope it works out better this time for you.

grainfed

Fanatic
terdog......If you're talking about the Yukon, that looks like a Novak cut sight. Old GI sights were and are 65x.330 which are on my Tank Commander. Is your front sight in a dovetail or staked in? Here's some info for you.................... https://www.novaksights.com/Content.aspx?PAGE="Sights 101"............. When you look down the page on their site, it shows that Tisas uses them in an "unauthorized" use. I think that's what you have for the rear sight.....(Edit) Just looked at your front sight and looks like a fiber optic in a dovetail. You should find plenty of sights for the Yukon.

Last edited:

terdog

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks guys.
Yes, both appear to be Novak cut. The front is not staked that I can tell.

terdog

Well-Known Fanatic
I should have looked before asking. The Tisas website stats that they use Novak sights. Novak claims that they are unauthorized.

grainfed

Fanatic
If your rear sight has NOVAK on it, it's most likely a genuine part. If not, it's probably an "unauthorized" copy of a NOVAK. IMO, BIG DEAL! If the sights were installed with equal distances in the dovetail from left and from the right, and the front fiber optic is centered the same, that gun should be zeroed. If not, it's easy to drift the rear one way or the other for POA to POI. What sights are you wanting to change to? .....Also, I ordered a Stingray yesterday and it should be in my hands Monday.....my 3rd Tisas and might not be the last.......well, not 3 but 4. I also have the Tisas (MAC 2) Tactical shotgun which really does have interchangeable parts with a Benelli M2 down to the screws, gas system, et al. Turkey's getting a few of my greenbacks lately.

Last edited:

terdog

Well-Known Fanatic
On a side note, I think that Tisas would be foolish not to make the Yukon in the FDE of the Raider.

Latest posts