Introduction to USPSA Video

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I've seen this before and always wondered why .45 is the most common caliber in the revolver division? Seems like .38 would be unless it has something to do with the power factor?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I've seen this before and always wondered why .45 is the most common caliber in the revolver division? Seems like .38 would be unless it has something to do with the power factor?

The 625 rules the roost in USPSA. I guess you can load 38 super for Revo. Im not sure if there is a moon clip gun that shoots that though???

jtischauser

The 625 is a 6 Shot .45 ACP moon clip gun. I have seem bubber shoot a .38 or something that held 8 rounds but I thought it was a speedloader gun in that division at the ICORE match. I think their us a major minor thing in Revo A's well but they don't use the minimum caliber of .40 for major like Limited and L10 do.

imacgyver

Founding Member
http://actionshootingpodcast.com/2009/07/02/get-started-uspsa-production-division/

dont know where to put this, so I'll put it here.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/93892/USPSA%20Production%20Division%20Getting%20Started%20%7C%20Action%20Shooting%20Podcast.pdf

taymoor

Skilled Lover
I find it kind of refreshing that production doesn't have to bother with the power factor game. Yet another reason to start there.

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
I find it kind of refreshing that production doesn't have to bother with the power factor game. Yet another reason to start there.

Why ever move out of production? Then you HAVE to shoot .40 at a minimum. It's simply not competitive to shoot minor since your score is your HIT factor and major gets more points. It's not like we are shooting actual bad guys and recoil isn't that bad... even for a .45

taymoor

Skilled Lover
I would eventually like to move out of production wnen I'm so fast that my set up is restraining my time. i.e. less reloads due to higher capacity, a funneled magwell, etc I'm nowhere near that point yet, but someday... (sigh)

jtischauser

The top guys like Cyrwus, Airic, Andersen, and chambers can tell the difference between major and minor. It could simply mean .012 vs. .014 splits on a few targets but there would be a difference which is why the USPSA just levels the playing field and says all production is minor. Having the scoring all the same got each A, B, C, D is also very new shooter friendly because it's easier than having both major/minor scoring.

The top guys like Cyrwus, Airic, Andersen, and chambers can tell the difference between major and minor. It could simply mean .012 vs. .014 splits on a few targets but there would be a difference which is why the USPSA just levels the playing field and says all production is minor. Having the scoring all the same got each A, B, C, D is also very new shooter friendly because it's easier than having both major/minor scoring. There is more to it than that but that's all I can thumb into this phone in one sitting.

Latest posts