How old is this deer?

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
2.5 or 3.5 YO, Dennis?? I'd like to see him grow one more year. Unfortunately the neighbors on all 3 sides of my farm will kill him in a heartbeat if he puts one foot in their pastures. Tally ho! K

pre_1508973066__mfdc9870.jpg

dennishoddy

Very difficult with a frontal picture. He is getting some mass, so that could be from nutrition and genetics, but without seeing the brisket, pot belly, and sway back, its not easy.
Looking at the face, there is no grey muzzle, and its short, so I'm saying a good 2 1/2.
Like you, I'd let him go another year. With the mass he has so far, he could be pretty spectacular next year.

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
this is the only picture I have of this buck. He just showed up this week. All the other bucks are spikes, fork-horns, and 2.5 YO 8 pointers.
The bucks I think have started sparring. One of the 8 pointers has some wounds already.

HappyHunting ,Dennis K

dennishoddy

Dux-R-Us said:
this is the only picture I have of this buck. He just showed up this week. All the other bucks are spikes, fork-horns, and 2.5 YO 8 pointers.
The bucks I think have started sparring. One of the 8 pointers has some wounds already.

HappyHunting ,Dennis K
You too!
The latter part of next week will signal the start of the rut. I'm seeing a few scrapes, and some sparring. The week after is the golden week in Okla.