How are your eyes?

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
How are your eyes? We are not spring Chickens anymore & have a lot of grits & grimes + accidents, work etc too our eyes.
At this time today I have new lenses no cataracts + Lasick to correct astigmatizem & 20/20 past 3'.

The worst thing to happen to me was Diabeties at 60 & no one knew it, I was getting thinner not gaining any weight, & my eyesight was failing.
Darkness had me & I was going totaly blind & no one knew why.

Well after 2 years & many eye injections I am stable & can see like a Hawk past 3 feet. So very lucky I was indeed to have found a true healer.

What is bugging you? I could not see your face past 3' so focusing on the front sight, Well er yea. I shot pistol by instinct, :oops: yea kinda like our
Recurve Bows in the old days, we just thought it into our target LOL.

I thought I was going blind for sure, However I said hell no if I have a choice that is. I found a great eye Dr., I would trust this guy to put a needle into my eyes
& I have many times. I am going into the long stretch now & may only have to have shots once a year if at all. :eek: But what's your eyesight worth 2 U.

The way I think: I would rather lose my hearing, & my speech, :eek: I can always write you an e_mail however if my sight goes welll. Game over!

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Im as freakin blind as an earth worm!! Have been since I was a very very yung-an! I'm also diabetic but it's well controlled. So I'm ok there as long as I stay on top of it.
As far as eye sight? I have to get high index lenses otherwise they look like coke bottles! I used to get the smallest tiny John Lennon style glasses to make them look thinner.

I can see almost microscopic stuff within 12-18" which is amazing for my job as a machinist and welder or working on tiny stuff, etc

Out past that I can barely make out shapes and colors let alone detail. My wife will come in to talk to me while I'm getting out of the shower and she's just a fuzzy blob until I dry off and get my glasses on. If I lost my glasses I'd be screwed as I couldn't even drive anywhere to get new ones.
Can't wear contacts, I've tried. Doesn't bother me to use them just my eyes can't adjust to them.

Last edited:

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
But..........there's a worst option.
:eek: Not quite ready yet.

My Mac , Degen due to Diabetic condition is arrested by Eyela injections that stop the leaking & restores my sight, a true miracle compared to before.
Lasers burned the capillaries shut & caused scar tissue & then your blind for good. So I'll take the injections for now. ;)

Blood pressure has a lot to do with eye problems so keep um low and steady. My blood pressure was 240 over sumpin & I just thought it was my
Celtic temper LOL. Now I'm 135 over sumpin, I feel a little tooo mello but the Medic says I'll feel better in time.

I may still be blind, except my ol hunting buddy who when I was way too young 52, said that I just shot the bump on the tree limb & thought it was a
Tree rat. He said : I told you that you needed glasses when you kept screwing up the focus on my spotting Scope, NOW go see a Damn EYE Dr.!

So I did & it saved my eyes.

I hate Drs & their poking & prodding me, however I found a great PA Retired 82nd airborne Medic, fighting Rag heads over there in sand land.
No frigen EGO to feed he's a great Medic, & I trust him with my life.

1Sgt_Jerry

Well-Known Fanatic
Started wearing progressives 3~4 yrs ago. What really gets me is acquiring allergies later in life. Itching, burning watery eyes.
As far as marksmanship goes, it's a cruel joke. When your young, you typically have good vision, balance, reflexes. Everything don't hurt. But you don't have the experience yet.
when you mature and age, you have a lot of experience but can't get the ole bod to cooperate.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Seems most of us are challenged in similar ways.

Allergies later in life?? I likely have had allergies for a while, but they are vicious these days. Itching, sneezing violently, scratchy and dry eyes, all of it. Sucks. I take a mild med for it now, as needed.

Woke up 4 years ago and was completely blind in left eye. Thought it was sleep, something in eye, etc. It didn't clear up, so called an eye Dr and was told "you must get in here NOW"!! Turned out not be a detached retina, which was the concern of the opthamologist. But rather leakage in behind the eyeball, not good but at least treatable these days. Seems its another aging thing.

I have my vision, terrible as it is, correctable with progressive lenses. As some else posted, could do without hearing or speech but eyesight? The very thought brings on claustrophobic anxiety

I truly wish you all health and a long, happy life.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I look at my role today as to train young Americans to use Firearms.
My days of charging up hills is over, & so my best option is as a teacher.

I also have dry eye but my eyes are gooopy not dry I said to the Doc.
That's because dry eye has no lube, so nature takes a shortcut with tears or this gooop.

I tried Pataday for the goop but it made my eyes drier not better. Refresh is
in my range bags, Glove compartment, Pockets everywhere. It helps but it's not a cure.

I see a new Rx drop for dry eye now but I hate taking Drugs of any kind, just more chems
running through you body. Organic food helps our bodies rid it's self of Toxins, we eat to
live or we eat to die it's our choice. $$ Ya can't take it with you LOL.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I look at my role today as to train young Americans to use Firearms.
My days of charging up hills is over, & so my best option is as a teacher.

I also have dry eye but my eyes are gooopy not dry I said to the Doc.
That's because dry eye has no lube, so nature takes a shortcut with tears or this gooop.

I tried Pataday for the goop but it made my eyes drier not better. Refresh is
in my range bags, Glove compartment, Pockets everywhere. It helps but it's not a cure.

I see a new Rx drop for dry eye now but I hate taking Drugs of any kind, just more chems
running through you body. Organic food helps our bodies rid it's self of Toxins, we eat to
live or we eat to die it's our choice. $$ Ya can't take it with you LOL.
Do you know of something natural that's good for Arthritis. That's the latest age related affliction I'm dealing with. It's affecting my left hand more than anything else. Thankfully, I shoot with my right hand.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Do you know of something natural that's good for Arthritis. That's the latest age related affliction I'm dealing with. It's affecting my left hand more than anything else. Thankfully, I shoot with my right hand.

I hate to mention it but yes I do.

Golden Milk for inflammation made with Ginger & Turmeric made into a paste then mixed with Milk.
However I just take a level tablespoon & wash it down with Ginsang Tea :eek: A cup full of anything helps the
medicine go down. Your Dr. will not touch the subject at all, just like the Pomagranite caps I take everyday for
the last 30 years for Fat blood.

My Drs. back some 40 years ago said my blood was too fat.
I read an article in the Lancet Medical Journal back 30 years ago telling Drs. they needed to take Pomagranite
for Lipid control. Fact: Before detergent Motol oil we had Sludge, with detergent oils our Cholesterol does not settle on our
Blood vessel walls. I have been called a walking Dead Man by some Drs. yet when they do an Ultrasound my Blood system is
clean as a whistle.

Turmeric & Ginger used everyday for 2 weeks & you will be hooked in India they have so little Arthritis in their Population they
do not seem to be bothered by it. So give it a try inflammation is our enemy so we need to control it to cope with our aging bodies.

Taste bad? No. Taste good? No. Pain Sucks so I drink or eat Turmeric to fell better.

Oh Ps: My last Blood test my Pa did came back within normal limits on Fat o_O. Pomagranite 2 caps SOLARAY brand a day ?
I have never had a single test that my Fat was normal & I just started Eating Spam again to gain weight. How could it be it's just detergent for
my Blood not a cure.

Try the Turmeric paste it works, be patient 2 weeks then pain relief without drugs. I have found so many things that can help you without drugs
it's only the Drs. who get kickbacks from Big Pharma that keep them from telling you & me about simple safe relief.

Rooster

Well-Known Fanatic
Im as freakin blind as an earth worm!! Have been since I was a very very yung-an! I'm also diabetic but it's well controlled. So I'm ok there as long as I stay on top of it.
As far as eye sight? I have to get high index lenses otherwise they look like coke bottles! I used to get the smallest tiny John Lennon style glasses to make them look thinner.

I can see almost microscopic stuff within 12-18" which is amazing for my job as a machinist and welder or working on tiny stuff, etc

Out past that I can barely make out shapes and colors let alone detail. My wife will come in to talk to me while I'm getting out of the shower and she's just a fuzzy blob until I dry off and get my glasses on. If I lost my glasses I'd be screwed as I couldn't even drive anywhere to get new ones.
Can't wear contacts, I've tried. Doesn't bother me to use them just my eyes can't adjust to them.
I'm pretty much in the same place, except I can see distances better with contacts .

The John Lennon glasses is so true . Only us guys in beyond minus 6 can appreciate that !

I do like the bonus of seeing microscopic up close without the glasses . I can see pores in metal. On small parts,I am sure I can see detail a normal 20:20 eye could not see…. A lot more

cataracts are starting … it just gets no bettuh . Thankfully I'm now 20:20 with contacts thanks to a shooting pal who is an optometrist .

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

Golden Milk for inflammation made with Ginger & Turmeric made into a paste then mixed with Milk.
However I just take a level tablespoon & wash it down with Ginsang Tea :eek: A cup full of anything helps the
medicine go down. Your Dr. will not touch the subject at all, just like the Pomagranite caps I take everyday for

I read an article in the Lancet Medical Journal back 30 years ago telling Drs. they needed to take Pomagranite
for Lipid control. Fact: Before detergent Motol oil we had Sludge, with detergent oils our Cholesterol does not settle on our
Blood vessel walls. I have been called a walking Dead Man by some Drs. yet when they do an Ultrasound my Blood system is
clean as a whistle.

Turmeric & Ginger used everyday for 2 weeks & you will be hooked in India they have so little Arthritis in their Population they
do not seem to be bothered by it. So give it a try inflammation is our enemy so we need to control it to cope with our aging bodies.

Taste bad? No. Taste good? No. Pain Sucks so I drink or eat Turmeric to fell better.

Oh Ps: My last Blood test my Pa did came back within normal limits on Fat o_O. Pomagranite 2 caps SOLARAY brand a day ?
I have never had a single test that my Fat was normal & I just started Eating Spam again to gain weight. How could it be it's just detergent for
my Blood not a cure.

Try the Turmeric paste it works, be patient 2 weeks then pain relief without drugs. I have found so many things that can help you without drugs
it's only the Drs. who get kickbacks from Big Pharma that keep them from telling you & me about simple safe relief.

I'm going to try this.

Rooster

Well-Known Fanatic

clean as a whistle.

my Blood not a cure.

I've gone the turmeric route and it did a great job of reducing joint inflammation after about 4 weeks. . It was very hard on my stomach . Even taking it after a meal was problematic .

The effectiveness was much better than mega doses of Advil . I'm interested in knowing if there are any tips to help the gut better tolerate the turmeric ? Thanks.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I'm not as bad as you guy's(yet). But I have been putting optics on several of my guns. I like iron sights better. I'm stubborn. But realize sooner of later the optics will play a major part. I HATE getting old. But..........there's a worst option.
I'm 68 and I've worn glasses since I was ten. Relatively healthy just getting old. Just bought my wife an AR and a red dot. I'm going to scope my 20" AR with a 2.5 scope. Not much magnification, but will work out to 100 wards. My 16" is getting the same kind of red dot as my wife has. Hand guns well...probably look down the top and squeeze if close, if farther away see comment re: AR or 870.

Latest posts