Holster options for bib overalls

ocfd907

New Fanatic
Looking to see if anyone has any suggestions or options for some type of holster I would be able to use while wearing bib overalls this upcoming rifle season for a carry gun that won't cost an arm and atleast half a leg?
Normally I'm up in a climbing tree stand and getting to a firearm on my side is next to impossible without moving and making noise.

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
www.gunfightersinc.com

One of my friends just used this in Alaska and really liked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnCea

Well-Known Fanatic
Westward black tool holster is better, you can put many accessories on it.

Old Bill

Active Fanatic
Tanker's holster.. if you get one (There are some companies that make them still today properly).. make sure it has the original snap which is a post gripped on both side by a piece of spring steel rather than the common "Snap".

If you want to go "Wiild" have the strap extended a bit and run it at the back of the frame between the hammer and firing pin. This prevents most debris from getting in... as an added bonus It will also then fit a 5" K frame quite nicely. The one shown is from Triple K.. Made in USA. The Chest strap is essential as it allows the rig to be worn relatively lose.. This makes a big difference moving around a lot in a day.. even more if you don't take it off for a week or so lol.

Crazy comes next (smile)

Cult of the Dummy Cord
Lifetime Member

TankerHolsterTan_vert_web.jpg

Last edited:

JC54

Well-Known Fanatic
Well there's this:
GUIDES CHOICE 1.JPG

But I just wear my handgun in a crossdraw holster and zip the bottom zipper up for an access slot.
Works pretty good and I like crossdraw when I have a rifle hanging muzzle down on my right side

1Sgt_Jerry

Well-Known Fanatic
Sure not the only workable solution. This is the only one I have experience with. I like it. With the adapter, I can use multiple holsters.

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
Tanker's holster.. if you get one (There are some companies that make them still today properly).. make sure it has the original snap which is a post gripped on both side by a piece of spring steel rather than the common "Snap".

If you want to go "Wiild" have the strap extended a bit and run it at the back of the frame between the hammer and firing pin. This prevents most debris from getting in... as an added bonus It will also then fit a 5" K frame quite nicely. The one shown is from Triple K.. Made in USA. The Chest strap is essential as it allows the rig to be worn relatively lose.. This makes a big difference moving around a lot in a day.. even more if you don't take it off for a week or so lol.

Crazy comes next (smile)

Cult of the Dummy Cord
Lifetime Member

View attachment 24358
De Santis makes one with the spring steel clip as Old Bill mentioned. looks pretty nice.