Holosun 507C vs Trijicon II RMR

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
I have the Holosun . Just wondering for those out there if you think the Trijicon is worth the extra expense? I've had 3 Hollo's. One reticule went bad, but the unit was replaced quickly by the Manufacture. Hollo's C/S is very good form my experience. I have no time on the Trijicon's.

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
I have the Holosun . Just wondering for those out there if you think the Trijicon is worth the extra expense? I've had 3 Hollo's. One reticule went bad, but the unit was replaced quickly by the Manufacture. Hollo's C/S is very good form my experience. I have no time on the Trijicon's.
Hard to beat Trijicon. I've had good luck with Eotech . Recently bought a Vortek Strikefire II for my AR carbine. Good quality for an economic piece. Two of my shooting buddies like the Sig versions on their handguns .

Street Survival

Fanatic
I do some training with some retired DEVGRU guys and they are all using Holosun but patiently awaiting the ACRO Gen 2. I hope this helps.

tomrkba

Well-Known Fanatic

Yes, if you need the durability. The RMR.2 is pushing 20-30 drops on concrete.

The important issue is for duty use. Banging the gun or optic can cause issues with non-Trijicon optics. So, if you plan upon being rough with a gun, get the RMR.2.

tomrkba

Well-Known Fanatic
I didn't mention I have the Sig Romeo's on a p226 & P229. They are pretty good, but I'll leave those for Sig's. Ecotech's are awesome for AR's. $$$.
The SIG Romeo does when dropped. The Romeo Pro will break on the first drop but likely be useable.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Started with lower cost Vortex and similar optics but ended up going with Eotechs, currently the only brand I'll consider for MY purposes now.